Bergen Co. Trunk system

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomanNJ1

Word is that the county is going to be using a site in Carlstadt for the new trunking system as well as others. The system is being constructed so get you digital radios ready. This is not 2 years down the road as others have said. New building is up behind Zabriske St. Hq. for the equipment.

Word also is that Rockland Co. NY will have some type of involvement. Not sure if it's just a joint site at Mahwah or a use of the freqs. linking etc. Rockland Co. is way behind in their system.

nydxa

Don't hold your breath.

I've heard from two different people who are "in the know" that the county is short of funds and the frequencies they've been allocated are in danger of being reassigned. The original plan was to eventually have many (perhaps all) the towns in Bergen County on this system. Most towns have tod the county, "thanks, but no thanks.' There was also some political issues that got into some frequencies assigned to Oradel and Lodi.

This sysetm has been dragging on so long that I think it's 50% vaporware.
I'm not holding my breath.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Since I was one saying two years that is what we where told by the county when we where approached a few weeks ago. So at least on the local Muni level it's two years if we wanted to join the system which we are not.

SCPD

QRT
Since I was one saying two years that is what we where told by the county when we where approached a few weeks ago. So at least on the local Muni level it's two years if we wanted to join the system which we are not.

We're, not where.

radiomanNJ1

But it is being built as we type even if the people of NJ are preserving their turf and worried about losing their fifedoms.

Instead of every emergency worker being on the same plate you guys don't even want to go to the same restaurant. Even in Rockland Co. the police radios can talk on other towns freqs. and they all have the Sheriff's channel countywide. Fire is all on one system not a fragmented system with a worry about who is dispatching them.

In a great number of other areas large size systems and county wide systems have been built without the loss of their pride, territory or control.

In SC almost all the state is on the same system. NC is building out the VIPER system for that purpose, Wyoming, etc. Many places in Florida have countywide systems with access to users from other counties, allowing for mutual aid operations. There are a few counties that are using the Statewide system.

It's small minds that are making these decsions, not foward thinking people who care about the people they serve or work with.

jaymatt1978

It IS going to happen we just don't know when. Rumblings began in 2002 that the county will be digital trunked by 2007 than in late 2006 it was pushed back to 2008. Then they said the towns were getting UHF and the frequencies will be rolled into the trunked system., Well towns went UHF, even digital like Rutherford and most recently Franklin Lakes, and the county gave Lodi their UHF frequency to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.