Bergen County 700MHz Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioNerd90

Deactivated
There's reliable information that there's been more 700 sites that are live. I figured I'd start a thread for monitoring them as they come online and in case @GM or @r60 feel the desire to jump in with some Unitrunker adventures.

Stag Hill is showing changes. NAC is now 2C0, Alternate CC's changed slightly, but not showing any peers anymore. Someone needs to set that clock too. I wish it was still 2003.

1600916685376.png

1600916733476.png

1600916837357.png

1600916897911.png

RadioNerd90

Deactivated
I just confirmed Site 3 is now a simulcast. RSSI -26 with an antenna, -46 without an antenna at New Bridge Medical Center in Paramus. No errors or decode loss without. It should be on the same tower as the UHF site. All the information is the same. There was no signs of life at Alpine. I still have to check the two licensed sites in Carlstadt and Hackensack though. But it's at least a 2-site simulcast as of now for the moment.

820014 is the only radio affiliating to the site and I haven't seen any calls.

Last edited:

RadioNerd90

Deactivated
There are also licensed sites in Fort Lee and Franklin Lakes, in addition to the just found Paramus site, and the quiet Alpine site.

Carlstadt and Hackensack were also quiet. I'll check both Fort Lee and Franklin Lakes later this week unless someone beats me to it. It's just that one radio affiliating, but it's affiliating about every 30 seconds and always on a different channel.

Nice find.

Thanks. Team effort with @GTR8000 and @RadioDitch.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Data calls, most likely AVL or some sort of geodata. The cell is setup to allow data on all traffic channels. The "Continue" text in the action column appears in UT because there's no source ID with the data calls, the subscriber ID is in the Target column, and so UT treats it as a continuation message vs a grant. It's not an actual function of the system in this instance.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Data calls, most likely AVL or some sort of geodata. The cell is setup to allow data on all traffic channels. The "Continue" text in the action column appears in UT because there's no source ID with the data calls, the subscriber ID is in the Target column, and so UT treats it as a continuation message vs a grant. It's not an actual function of the system in this instance.

Thanks Obi-Wan Trunknobie. Always appreciate the lessons. :)

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
There's signs of life on the 700 Simulcast.

1600971999859.png

Also for updates:
Alpine - Not On Air
Carlstadt - Not On Air
Fort Lee - Online
Franklin Lakes - To Be Checked
Paramus - Online
Stag Hill - Online

Sean'll be checking Franklin Lakes shortly.

N2NHL

Also, 2 new Talk groups I've been seeing for the past hour.

TG213 (Encrypted), possibly another County Prosecutor TG?
TG1004 - In the clear, Fire traffic. I caught some small talk followed by "Command Terminated"

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Also, 2 new Talk groups I've been seeing for the past hour.

TG213 (Encrypted), possibly another County Prosecutor TG?
TG1004 - In the clear, Fire traffic. I caught some small talk followed by "Command Terminated"

1004 is Fire Ops 2

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
1004 Hilldale - already listed

213 seems to carry only 2 units
then there’s the tg 7 - it’s been around Awhile Thought it had the same unit used on 213 ? Missed the rid’s
the tg,s In the 200”s were the former County Police use
last few weeks Moonackie night shifts were using ops 3 In place of their channel

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Keep an ear for 1017 RESPONSE 4, NORCON and Wyckoff and members use it quite often for Mutual Aid. Ramsey had a job and I heard their Chief talking to NORCON on it today. Many FDs that are in NORCON have this TG.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Keep an ear for 1017 RESPONSE 4, NORCON and Wyckoff and members use it quite often for Mutual Aid. Ramsey had a job and I heard their Chief talking to NORCON on it today. Many FDs that are in NORCON have this TG.

I get a feeling with (4) sites on the air, and the others likely being close to coming on the air, there's going to be quite a bit of activity appearing suddenly.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Midland Park PD will be ok Portable wise as they have All band APX8000 portables. Mobiles which are 05 Heads on DIspatch and 07 heads on VHF as secondary radios would have to be swapped out. Wyckoff has no 700 capable Radios, they are using APX6000LI portables, 05 heads on Dispatch and CDM1250s on VHF HI for Fire monitoring and SPEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.