Bergen County Area Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, I find myself back home for a few days. I'm trying to listen to MICCOM, but don't hear them on 155.1750. The database still lists them there. Anyone hearing them? I am using a UHF antenna on a PRO-96 and it is possible that the antenna is not good enough on VHF to pull them in.

I also programmed Fort Lee's trunked system into the scanner. Anyone know the frequency tables needed for the Pro-96 to receive this system?

joshua86

So, I find myself back home for a few days. I'm trying to listen to MICCOM, but don't hear them on 155.1750. The database still lists them there. Anyone hearing them? I am using a UHF antenna on a PRO-96 and it is possible that the antenna is not good enough on VHF to pull them in.

I also programmed Fort Lee's trunked system into the scanner. Anyone know the frequency tables needed for the Pro-96 to receive this system?

Where are you trying to hear them from? Is the antenna mounted on your scanner, your car, the roof of your house?...also even though they dont give much more than location and nature on disptch, there are enough dispatches that you should hear something after 2 or 3 minutes at the most during the day. If you are anywhere outside of thier immidiate coverage area you will not hear the mobile radios because of the repeater system(cencom is the same way). and as for Fort Lee, I believe it is digital and encrypted but dont quote me on that. Hope this helps

SCPD

QRT
You shouldn't need a custom table for Ft. Lee. The scanner should fill it in for you, as was stated in another forum post. Ft. Lee is P25 FDMA Phase I.

Thanks, guys.

I was trying to listen from the Fairview area. Antenna on a Pro-96 (but I was using a UHF rat tail, not a VHF one, so I admit it might be that; I was hearing Cencom and the MC). I even tried listening for that marine traffic, but couldn't hear it.

Entered Fort Lee without a 9600 table and the Pro-96 wouldn't open to any traffic from the control channel, even though I was in the 90% range most of the time. I finally entered all of the channels and locked out the control channel. Worked okay then, but I wasn't talkgroups, just random traffic. Nifty hearing EBAA as it's heard in Comcen, although the vocoding doesn't do tones. It's interesting that I was hearing mobiles and portables clearly (I was not in Fort Lee), but some units in town were complaining of distortion.

Anyway, back Downsouthsomewhere again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.