Bergen County Communications- 154.1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdet

modification to license has added 154.1600 & 155.265 to Alpine 9W site for possible added dispatch of another town FD & EMS in Northern Valley?

jaymatt1978

Cresskill with start June 1st 154.1600 for fire and their ambulance now is dispatched on 155.2950 don'tknow if they'll change it. I don't know the PL!!!!

MFR465

Cresskill is NOT going to County Dispatch as of yet... it's strictly under consideration and that is where that stands.

jvdet

asking around, Cresskill is under discusion with the County but on thier own channels, wont change to northern valley dispatch; the site change was made for Demerest/Haworth coverage, however Closter-ala- Northern Valley is also being discuss to go County sorta wants to see the benefit- savings money if they switch, most likely will be Ridgefield Park then Cresskill to switch, and Leonia has ask for costs involved between County and Ft Lee

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You might be able to get rid of some patrolman. You definitely can get rid of a lot of police chiefs, who are around just to build their pensions up.

I live in Caldwell. Next to me is W. Caldwell, N. Caldwell, Essex Fells, Verona and Roseland. You could easily get rid of all but one chief. Each one makes 100k or more for very few officers per dept. and relatively low crime rate. This consolidation could be done all over the state.

This "we want our own" mentality in NJ, needs to end.

MFR465

*IF* Cresskill goes with the County, which again is still strictly in talks, it is unsure as to which freq they will end up being dispatched on, but will most certainly not be their current fire frequencies (154.400 123.0/154.370 123.0) as they are and have been unlicensed since they day they began to use that frequency. The FDNY hasn't and doesn't appreciate the use of those freq's.

As for consolidation of services, let's keep this thread radio-related... the way it was supposed to be. If you'd like to kavetch, go to The Record's website and have a day.

jaymatt1978

)I've heard conflicting reports again.....................BUT whatever happens I know the FDNY isn't happy about Cresskill. I think what happened is Cresskill thought the FDNY was moving their dispatch to the UHF system

radiomanNJ1

There is a trunked radio system being worked on. Whomever setup that system on those freqs. is a fool.
If it was a professional radio shop shame on them they know better.
If it was a person who thought they knew what they were doing perhaps the FCC enforcement bureau should be on their butt.

It's not that the cooridnators do much better but at least they would be licensed.

SCANdal

Silent Key

According to Edition 7 of Scanner Master's New York Metro / Northern NJ Comm Guide, Cresskill's (valid) license on 154.370 and 154.400 is under WPHM-565.

SCANdal

MFR465

As much as I'd love to say you're right... let's just say there are issues with those VHF frequencies that they're not supposed to be on. WPHM565 was the licensing for the old low-band on 46.1600 94.8 channel they used to dispatch on when they began sneaking in their temporary fireground on 154.400 123.0 before that miraculously became dispatch.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
*IF* Cresskill goes with the County, which again is still strictly in talks, it is unsure as to which freq they will end up being dispatched on, but will most certainly not be their current fire frequencies (154.400 123.0/154.370 123.0) as they are and have been unlicensed since they day they began to use that frequency. The FDNY hasn't and doesn't appreciate the use of those freq's.

As much as I'd love to say you're right... let's just say there are issues with those VHF frequencies that they're not supposed to be on. WPHM565 was the licensing for the old low-band on 46.1600 94.8 channel they used to dispatch on when they began sneaking in their temporary fireground on 154.400 123.0 before that miraculously became dispatch.

Unlicensed? Where are you getting that idea from? It takes a whole 30 seconds to search the FCC ULS database to find that both 154.370 and 154.400 are actively and validly licensed to the Boro of Cresskill for base and mobile operations under WPHM565. In fact, they've been licensed for both those frequencies for 12 years.

Blame any interference issues with FDNY on the FCC coordinator who approved the use of those two frequencies so close to the city.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPHM565 - CRESSKILL, BORO OF - Frequencies Summary

FCC Callsign WPHM565 Details

Sorry if the facts get in the way of your kvetching. :roll:

Last edited:

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I'd say the coordinator that allowed this is the same genius that allowed Franklin Lakes FD to use 154.2500 79.7 with a repeater. They are constantly having problems with the repeater hanging up and when they xmit and FDNY is xmitting you get a real nice noise.

asnhnetwork

Bergen County Communications 154.160

Ok... here is the real story. The 154.160 aloiune site is a back-up for the demarest dispatch off the alpine site the County currently uses. it also now allows them to leave 1 radio on dispatch & another on Ops without the chance of missing a message if they were on the wrong channel. the 155.265 allows them to monitor PVAA. The ambulance had to use the Pd frequency until that was installed.

This is my story & i am sticking to it.

ASNH

mrkelso

Ok... here is the real story. The 154.160 aloiune site is a back-up for the demarest dispatch off the alpine site the County currently uses. it also now allows them to leave 1 radio on dispatch & another on Ops without the chance of missing a message if they were on the wrong channel. the 155.265 allows them to monitor PVAA. The ambulance had to use the Pd frequency until that was installed.

This is my story & i am sticking to it.

ASNH

Sound like a good story to me.

jvdet

towns continue to move to county dispatch

seems Closter area dispatch has possibly made a deal to move into the new psap/dispatch
county building in Mahwah, they are just waiting for the county/building to finish - 1 yr behind and 5 million over budget, but they will use the dispatch out of county police headquarters if the building is not ready by september - unless more money comes from the area towns to support the exsisting system they will move to the county

asnhnetwork

I guess the pods are starting to fill up. with mahwah also moving their disptch & 9-1-1 operations when it opens. from what the people in mahwah tell me they will still be Mahwah employees just co-locating..

radiomanNJ1

And god forbid anyone would still share or try to save some tax dollars!!

But it's going to happen despite all the jumping up and down and all the "they don't know our streets" dialogue that keeps getting repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.