Bergen County Communications Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another New Tower

There's also a new tower on Shadow Ridge Road in Franklin Lakes at the County owned horse riding stable.

The tower appears to be about 160 feet tall. One microwave dish and one two way antenna noted.

Also a new tower at the County Police and Fire Academy on Campgaw Road in Mahwah.

Anyone know if they installed a new tower at the PIP maintenance shed in Alpine?

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
OK, so knowing that i might get laughed at, when will we start hearing day-to-day comms on BC? my 996xt has given me nothing but Fort Lee parks dept. Ugh. Need some good PD chatter. The locals in Passaic are killing me softly with bear sightings.

Last edited:

jvdet

Why we havent heard it lately

the control channel went off the air last week or so
see the attachment as to what happen - they are actively moving ahead

Attachments

• BC Trunk system attachmentViewRD.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 390

BergenRadio

I also am waiting for them to build this out but the encryption concerns me and posting their FCC mail surely is not going to help.

This system is taking a lot longer than most to build out.

What happened to the link that was coming off the Mahwah site?

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, Honestly, lets remove that attachment. I dont care why it is taking so long, but dont give them fodder for going encrypted because an employee felt the need to share something he shouldnt.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
FYI the document linked is from the FCC site, it is not a confidential document leaked by a county employee. The information is public under the callsign search under attachments on the FCC database, so no need for any worries.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
- today the control channel is back up ! barely
and as the letter said they are moving or did move to a new tower
and they want to be up with the other sites by October
it may be a public document but do you really think they like to see it here, they may get alittle paranoid
oh and they have moved into a new dispatch building in Mahwah

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
FYI the document linked is from the FCC site, it is not a confidential document leaked by a county employee. The information is public under the callsign search under attachments on the FCC database, so no need for any worries.

Noted that it's from the FCC site.

Seriously, if an agency decides to go encrypted because of information posted on this site, then they probably need to evaluate their leadership.

asnhnetwork

Where is there new building? how is the sound from that new building? Anything change operationally?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Consolidated dispatch works for Morris....lets hope Bergen follows suit.

And please stop with the paranoia comments. A system is not going to go encrypted because someone posted a FCC public document on RR.

C

comsec1

"A system is not going to go encrypted because someone posted a FCC public document on RR" everytime encryption is brought up at meetings at the agency I work for this site is the reason. We as radio hobbyists know more than the politicians and heads of departments but when government and logic are concerned logic is always the loser.

jvdet

Encryption is easy to add to most systems if the agency has the model radio to enable it 'ADP"
ii saw at the open house at the acadamy - HT2500's- the officers i tried to speak to know nothing about how thier exsisting sytem works let alone the trunk system.
but they are mix about having encryption - at the local fire house several local officers wish they had it and have ask for it So whatever we say here aint going change things
But this tread is about this new system not encryption which we have no control over
The control channel in - I assume Mahwah, was readable but as i headed out to Rt 17 it drop off [472.325] the new control channel 472.7125 is OK but nothing is trunking and those freq above are the regular channels, maybe thats what people are hearing

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Today i noticed activity on Site 101 472.7125 control channel so it cant be a Sheriff conventional Dispatch channel as they dont dispatch as listed in the RR data base?!
plus there was some testing on site 101 on off today
then there was data/control channel on 477.1625 with the PL tone off intermittly- thats the Police dispatch channel which is still simocast on site 102 -
The Mahwah control channel is site 102 - 472.325

changes seem to be taking place again

SCPD

QRT
Ooopps! My Error on Bergen County Sheriff! Old data sometimes creeps into my head. That's why us DB admins need you guys out there. Can't monitor every frequency in the state. Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.