Bergen County Communications Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomanNJ1

you mean SYS ID 2C4 9600 P25 system that is not in RR data base but has been in test mode and once in a while trunking - for months - and talk groups other than 1 the patch of 477.1625 and not on RR
that Bergen County system... its still turnking the main control channel seems to be 472.325.
......now that Jersey City is on line they are concentrating on Bergen, oh yes the dispatchers still dont know it exsists they dont have access to it
nj don like to share - maybe they will patch to FT Lee - not!

mrkelso

up-H45637P7BVPBS39V.jpg

Highpockets

you mean SYS ID 2C4 9600 P25 system that is not in RR data base but has been in test mode and once in a while trunking - for months - and talk groups other than 1 the patch of 477.1625 and not on RR
that Bergen County system... its still turnking the main control channel seems to be 472.325.
......now that Jersey City is on line they are concentrating on Bergen, oh yes the dispatchers still dont know it exsists they dont have access to it
nj don like to share - maybe they will patch to FT Lee - not!

Seems like since your post, it's in the database now.

Bergen County Public Safety Communications System Trunking System, Hackensack, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

jvdet

nice picture but word has it that the system will be no longer under the "police" department control but under "county communications" department another layer of government based at the new dispatch/dept of public safety offices/OEM at the Mahwah site - fire/police acadamy

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Yeah the patch from 477.1625 has been up and running for a longtime. Course it sounds horrible since its going from analog to digital, but it is readable. County Communications taking control.... maybe they will be smart like Morris County and get towns connected by setting up their vehicles with their own radios and interops talkgroups.. Oh wait nevermind this is bergen county.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Bergen County Trunked

Any new news on this system. If they are still patching 477.1625 over to the P25 system I cant hear it. Despite using an external antenna. Perhaps it's off.

Thanks,

xpawel15x

How does one program the system? I have all the control channels programmed in Motorola mode and the bank set to Motorola trunking on my Pro-96. Is this correct?

SCPD

QRT
Check your radio. I heard it last night on the way home from work.

Mike,

You may be in a better or higher location even from Orange Co, NY. I have checked my programming and I have the correct control channels. But I can't hear them from my location:confused:.

Mike,

You may be in a better or higher location even from Orange Co, NY. I have checked my programming and I have the correct control channels. But I can't hear them from my location:confused:.
It's always been like that, Ken. Remember when they switched county alert from 37.38 to 470 and were at the PIP in Alpine, then just transmitting from Stag Hill? Maybe they don't have all of the simulcast sites up yet. You should hear Hackensack or Carlstadt. You can probably see those looking out your window.

I believe they are using directional antennas at most locations to saturate inside the county, as well.

Last edited:

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
Ken,

I heard it while driving home from work thru Bergen County the whole week. Maybe there is a setting in your radio that needs to be adjusted. They were coming in clear as a bell in my truck. Check your settings,sometimes they change for some unknown reason by themselves. I found that out the hard way last year with 1 of my scanners.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Well I on my Pro 96 sometimes i get them, sometimes not, just seems to come on at different times, there are a number of sites that may have to be aligned - from reviewing the FCC license data they have a north & south site with different freq's;
I only have the north site which is listed on here RR
dont hear the other (south?) frequencies so i guess its up but not running fully yet
depending where i am i can hear the digital channel better than the anolog channel (ch 1 )

mrkelso

Coming in Loud and clear in Teaneck 477.2875. and since i hung that Nomad in my attic i am hearing Maritime for the first time loud and clear.

asnhnetwork

The only site running is mahwah @ low power. they are still installing antenanes thru out the county. Still a ways off until operational. The analog is only broadcast from mahwah. hackensck 7 Carlstadt are receive sites so I can't understand why you are hearing transmissions from towers that do not transmit/

SCPD

QRT
Still not getting them?

First, I want to thank everyone for their input. However taking all in to consideration. I am still not receiving them especially the control channel data from my home location. 477.2875 I am only picking up standard analog traffic. Like in real estate its location, location, location!

I guess its time to do a little field research in the BC area. Will make a few trips this week in south and central BC and hope to get the scoop. If there is any new info that I may discover, of course I'll post it:roll:.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Just a follow up!
It's indeed my home location and with the system operating on low power and with directional antennas for now, I just cant hear it.
However with a quick jump over the line into Rutherford and South Bergen County, I am able to pick up the P25 trunked rebroadcast of BC Police Dispatch with no problems!

K2YYN

Status
Not open for further replies.