Bergen County Easy Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I'm setting up a group for Bergen County on my 996, and i'm not from that area. I only want fire/ems and I want to make it as simple as possible. Just dispatch channels, etc.

As i'm reviewing the database, I'm finding lots of duplicates with different PL tones.

Is there any advantage or reason why I should just enter those channels as CSQ?

Also, does anyone have any advice on what frequencies to enter and how best to label them. How do you have it setup so it makes sense?

Thanks!

nydxa

My suggestion...

Your 996 has plenty of memory, so I see no reason to skimp.
In my 996's I have all towns within a 25 mile radius programmed in, separated only by Police and Fire.
They are loaed alphabetically, so if / when I need to get to any one it's very easy to find.
Also, depending on the mood I'm in, I can selectively listen to only PD or FD.

Regarding the "common freqs", yes there are quite a few, but there no easy way to remember which are common. When it becommes necessary to get to one, fast, it could prresent a delay.

If you are using Butel's software I'd be happy to share my PD / FD files. You can edit as you see fit.

I also created a "local" group with adjacent towns and selected freqs for normal listening.

xpawel15x

It's up to you if you want to leave them in CSQ. If you want to be sure what dept. you're hearing then enter the same frequency in seperate channels with each individual PL code. That way you know what dept you're listening to. But be advised some fire depts in Bergen County share and use the same freq as well as the same PL code. You'll find that there's plenty of the same channels using by many depts.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Your 996 has plenty of memory, so I see no reason to skimp.
In my 996's I have all towns within a 25 mile radius programmed in, separated only by Police and Fire.
They are loaed alphabetically, so if / when I need to get to any one it's very easy to find.
Also, depending on the mood I'm in, I can selectively listen to only PD or FD.

Regarding the "common freqs", yes there are quite a few, but there no easy way to remember which are common. When it becommes necessary to get to one, fast, it could prresent a delay.

If you are using Butel's software I'd be happy to share my PD / FD files. You can edit as you see fit.

I also created a "local" group with adjacent towns and selected freqs for normal listening.

I'm thinking of creating two groups, North Bergen Co and South Bergen Co... and enter each and every frequency/PL.

Does anyone have a setup like that and would like to share their Butel file for the 996?

Thanks

nydxa

Butel file is available.

I have one huge file that's basically broken into two group - Police / Fire.
It includes just about every town within a 20-25 mile radius of Central Bergen County (Saddle Brook / Elmwood Park.) Regardless of what list you intend to create, it would be far easier editing this list rather than creating it from scratch. It's updated weekly, so it's fairly accurate. Anyone who is using Butel's 996 software is welcomed to it.
Let me know.

gcr33

70 towns 3 county agencies interstate park police, and you want easy?

It's Joisy nothing but their kingdoms.

Actually agencies have multi channel radios with additional towns, boroughs, villages, townships, citites,
and tac channels

Status
Not open for further replies.