Bergen County-Hillsdale changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPGriff55

Hillsdale Fire firground ops frequency (166.25) is undergoing a changeover to digital. For the time being, the dispatch frequency (158.76) remains analog. Since this is a pager channel, I expect that it will remain as analog.

JPGriff55

Didn’t they just get a talkgroup on Bergen P25 TRS ?
Didn’t know that. Bummer. I just noticed that the frequency went silent but heard one transmission this morning reporting that his radio had not yet been upgraded to digital.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Hillsdale Fire firground ops frequency (166.25) is undergoing a changeover to digital. For the time being, the dispatch frequency (158.76) remains analog. Since this is a pager channel, I expect that it will remain as analog.

166.250 is utilized by more departments than just Hillsdale, it’s a PASCOM channel. The frequency isn’t “changing over”, however, there will be a response channel for Hillsdale to use on the TRS which was already submitted. Look for the northern valley towns to begin using the TRS for response shortly.

JPGriff55

166.250 is utilized by more departments than just Hillsdale, it’s a PASCOM channel. The frequency isn’t “changing over”, however, there will be a response channel for Hillsdale to use on the TRS which was already submitted. Look for the northern valley towns to begin using the TRS for response shortly.
Thanks for the clarification. Would be nice if they will keep 166.25 as a simulcast channel but doubtful.

jaymatt1978

Emerson has been digital on 166.2500 for a few years now!! I'm sort of surprised the county is push fire departments to use the trunked system
\

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Why NOT push FD to the County trunked system for OPERATIONS. No one said they are using it for Fireground.

I know for a fact the Interboro towns will be using the TRS for response and interop, the fire ground channels will remain unchanged. I’m out of the loop with the whole Hillsdale switch over other than knowing their response will be on the TRS. I’m looking forward to seeing how this works out.

jaymatt1978

I think their ADDING a capability not replacing. Especially since 166.2500 is already used in digital I think aLl towns using 166.2500 are going to covert to digital
It will work out just fine, just like it does for their neighbors in Rockland, Morris, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.