Bergen County Sheriff BCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahyc

How is BCI dispatched? Like when the local PDs call for BCI is it via phone or radio? Can I hear BCI dispatch?

Thanks.

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
If you look under the database in NJ for Bergen County, it will give you a bunch of frequencies county-wide at the top... http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1772

477.16250 Police Dispatch
472.71250 Sheriff Court Security
472.92500 Sheriff Court Security
476.65000 Sheriff Jail
501.43750 Sheriff - Bergen County Jail
501.81250 Sheriff - Bergen County Jail
502.03750 Sheriff - Bergen County Jail

xpawel15x

I have wondered this for a long time... It is not the county-wide BCPD frequencies. I don't think they are dispatched via radio.

gcr33

Why the Sheriff of Bergen Co. have a BCI unit? Their prime concern is the jail and civil.
The County Police are the county's law enforcement agency along with the prosecutor.

Only in NJ would the politicians have an arrangement like this. Either combine the agencies or put the Sheriff back where he was before he started patrolling and excersing general law enforcement powers.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Telephone is primary,the only way you may know is if you listen on a local town and hear the request, after a town makes a requests they get the equiptment they need and roll out whatever equiptment will fit the job - then they will call out at a scene on CH 3 listed as Sheriff Transportation 477.1875 and any further requests get done by cell phones, this unit seems to work very well with the County and local Police
no they dont have patrol jurisdiction

Status
Not open for further replies.