Bergen county trs programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WAYMAN

3-15-12
Would like to program the Bergen County Trunked Radio System into several scanners in our PD Fire and OEM vehicles as some of our adjacent local municipalities are now on the system.
Scanners to be utilized are Uniden BCD296T and 796T, and BCD996xt and 396xt. All units have the latest firmware patches applied, and I use ARC250Pro and ARC XT Pro software for programming
I would like to know whether one must use a "base, offset and step" and or "custom tables" and if so what are those parameters. I suspect one can use the CC only feature even though it is a UHF P25 trunked system? Does one need the WACN information for any reason and lastly as there are two current simulcast sites, which one should be used. Our municipality is almost equidistant from both transmitters.
If anyone has already programmed the system successfully, please sent me a PM.
Thanks in advance for all information and suggestions regarding same.
73's

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Though it is a Moto 470-512MHz UHF TRS, you do not need the base/offset tables because P25 systems do not require them. The WACN info, assume you mean system ID and connect tone, is basically just there for informational purposes. Your best bet is to program the simulcast site that gives you the strongest signal. Or program both. It's just extra to scan to both sites. The rest someone more qualified can answer.

Last edited:

jvdet

""Would like to program the Bergen County Trunked Radio System into several scanners in our PD Fire and OEM vehicles as some of our adjacent local municipalities are now on the system.""

which towns are on the system?? that you can monitor; it was suppose to be encrypted?
MY OEM guy has a county radio as a fire mutual coordinator maybe your OEM people have a radio already?
but last i tried it was encrypted but just program the control channels and see what you hear and let us know who the "other"towns are

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
""Would like to program the Bergen County Trunked Radio System into several scanners in our PD Fire and OEM vehicles as some of our adjacent local municipalities are now on the system.""

which towns are on the system?? that you can monitor; it was suppose to be encrypted?
MY OEM guy has a county radio as a fire mutual coordinator maybe your OEM people have a radio already?
but last i tried it was encrypted but just program the control channels and see what you hear and let us know who the "other"towns are

There are quite a few talkgroups on the system that are monitorable. County DPW, animal shelter, senior buses. Leonia Police are monitorable, Lodi is testing.

jvdet

oh thats correct BUt he said surrounding towns Lodi/Leonia are separated by several towns - i inferred that he had adjacent towns to his going on the system so i would like to know as others would, who's next ? animal shelter, dpw are not high on the list to monitor - maybe the limited BLS units

2WAYMAN

Bc trunked system- programming

3-20-12 0017 HOURS EDT
Thanks for your replies thus far. The P25 standard setting in ARC-XT seems to work without the use of any
Base, Offset and Step data in the program as W2MJR stated in his post.. However, I now also have to program some BC796D and BC296D scanners as well and I do believe you need the Base Offset and Step information for these models since I do not find a P25 Standard System setting in the ARC250Pro software as is present in the ARC-XT software for the 396-996XT models.
Anyone who already has the BASE OFFSET AND STEP information for the Bergen County
Trunked System or has the system in ARC-XT and ARC250 software and is willing to share it I would greatly appreciate a copy of same.
Thanks to all in advance and 73's!

2WAYMAN

3-21-12 NEED BASE, OFFSET & STEP FOR BERGEN COUNTY TRUNKING SYSTEM
Anyone who has already determined the above for this system please send me a PM with same
Said info. needed so as to be able to program our Uniden BC296D and BC796D scanners with ARC 250 software.
Thanks to all in advance!!
73's

Status
Not open for further replies.