Bergen County TRS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Listening to snowplow operations today (and in the past) tg 602 was used and described as BC Road Dept Ops. 2. Mainly referring to NW Bergen (Wyckoff, Mahwah, Skyline Drive Route 208). FYI, Chuck.
Heard it too, one guy said truck so and so does not have Channel 2. I was not able to do Idscan, but figured it must be 602.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
American Dream - Bergen Nightmare

Testing on TG 97, by county employees /or contractor using county radios testing this week inside the American Dream complex in E. Rutherford
coverage inside seems pretty good - the nearest site is in Carlstadt or have they added something inside the complex

TG 610 in the past has been used by Parks Dept employees and a contractor for Van Saun Park winter amusement attraction's

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
They are installing BDA's in the mostly completed entertainment section of the Mall Complex, and as construction moves to the retail areas they may add additional BDA's for full coverage
? but doesn't the Mall have there own trunk system? and for E. Rutherford Law/Fire/EMS to be users? and State Police was to play a part in security?

another note
The County 700 trunk system is being used occasionally but am never close enough to tell if its simulcasting the current trunk - several times I have pick up TG 14 on the 700

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Palisades Park Police dispatch is on TG 1205. Unknown if temporary or permanent. FYI, Chuck.
That would be PD DISPATCH 5. Midland Park and Wyckoff Radio Displays show PD DISPATCH 6 for 1206. Also NORCON Mutual Aid based at Wyckoff FD HQ has been using 1017 RESPONSE 4 as it is identified as on any Mutual Aid incidents. The County Coordinator MAC 1 primarily uses it to communicate with the NORCON desk, and NORCON Fire Coordinators have been heard. Several Wyckoff Fire Apparatus are also equipped with Radios on this Talkgroup all using the 70 ID prefix. Ho-Ho-Kus Fire Units were also heard calling NORCON during the large Christmas Day Fire in Mahwah.

Unless the FCC's T-Band giveback mandate is rescinded, I suspect several Bergen County municipalities will migrate over to the County's 700MHz trunked system within the next 2-3 years. Fair Lawn, Franklin Lakes, Englewood Cliffs, New Milford, Oradell, Bergenfield, Dumont, to name a few, all operate on the T-Band.

onsceno

Unless the FCC's T-Band giveback mandate is rescinded, I suspect several Bergen County municipalities will migrate over to the County's 700MHz trunked system within the next 2-3 years. Fair Lawn, Franklin Lakes, Englewood Cliffs, New Milford, Oradell, Bergenfield, Dumont, to name a few, all operate on the T-Band.

Short of a 453.#### interop to the schools, there is nothing on T-band in Bergenfield.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. Fair Lawn and Franklin Lakes, specifically, have made relatively recent major renovations to their communications systems, there is nothing to suggest they have any intention of ever going to the county’s system.

I respectfully disagree. Fair Lawn and Franklin Lakes, specifically, have made relatively recent major renovations to their communications systems, there is nothing to suggest they have any intention of ever going to the county’s system.
[/QUOTE]
They will need to move somewhere unless the FCC's mandated T-Band giveback is rescinded as they're using frequencies that will have to be returned to the FCC.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
They will need to move somewhere unless the FCC's mandated T-Band giveback is rescinded as they're using frequencies that will have to be returned to the FCC.
[/QUOTE]

I’m aware of the T-Band give back. Regardless, many of these towns retain their own dispatch operations and like it that way. This is one of the main reasons I’ve heard in conversation of towns NOT wanting to use the county system; they want their dispatch in-house. I can’t say for certainty that if the Bergen County arrangement was similar to the Atlantic County arrangement, where towns maintained their own dispatch points but utilized the county system, then maybe more would be interested. That is speculation on my part, but again I don’t see most of these towns switching to the county system with its current requirements.

When all of this came about in 2013, I was one of the people professionally looking into the "giveback." In the Metropolitan NY area, encompassing NJ, NYC, Westchester, Nassau, etc., there was absolutely no other place for these agencies to exist, and the offerings from the Commission for 800 MHz one-for-one exchange were woefully inadequate. I wasn't joking when I forwarded-up the statement saying VHF low band would be the only spectrum capable of accommodating displaced T-Band licensees. Absent that, the only place to put them is subscribers on the Public Safety Bell LTE network.

In reviewing my previous statement, I forgot to clarify - this is not an FCC mandated giveback. The FCC is carrying out the law. This is a Congressional mandate.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
They assume they use county radio after dispatch, I don't hear fire ground on 154.355.

Pal Park is dispatched on line 3 and simulcasted to their VHF channel. Their fireground ops are on their fire channel, not the EBFMAA plan.

EDIT: VHF dispatch is simulcasted to Line 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.