Bergen county trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WAYMAN

4-1-12 0052 HOURS EDT
Need to program this system into Uniden BC296D and BC796D scanners and need the BASE, OFFSET & STEP for the Alpine and Mahwah sites. If anyone has already determined this information I would appreciate it if you could please post same or send it to me via PM. Also note: the control channel listed in the RR
database does not seem to be in use as we are not receiving the Mahwah site in Paramus and should be
getting 3-4 bars minimum. The Alpine site is 5 x 5 all over the County.
Thanks in advance for the assist!
73's

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Mahwah site as listed works fine - covers well into Rt 23 Morris/Passaic County strange but true, may be pointed that way for a reason? But as ask in your prewvious post what town do you want to hear??
eventually all LE will be encrypted
this is from a radio shack Pro 96:
Base spacing bandwith
0 851.00625 .00625 .00625
1 762.00625 .00625 .00625
2 450.00000 .00625 .01250
3 470.00000 .00625 .01250
4 500.000000 .00625 .01250

2WAYMAN

4-1-12 1435 HOURS EDT
Hi ScanXO and thanks for the reply.
What I need is the base channel CHANNEL NUMBER , the offset and step. According to that 4 page article in the RR WIKI entitled "Determining Base/Step/Offset for VHF/UHF Motorola Systems" you are supposed to be able to find the Channel Number in hex right after frequency in both M-Trunker and UniTrunker but it is not found in either program when I have run them.
Here in the Paramus and south Bergen area, the Mahwah site is not being heard on the Unidens and none of the frequencies listed in the RR database seem to be the control channel. Since you have the system running from Mahwah, what is the Control Channel and Alternate Control Channels for the Mahwah site?
As for the rumor that all law enforcement users on the system will be encrypted that is simply not true. The local towns going to the system do not want generalized encryption as it runs counter to the Federal interoperability mandate. It seems that no one has learned anything from 9-11???? Did all of those poor souls, a few of them personal friends and colleagues of mine, die for nothing that September day? Albeit as a communications manager I do agree with encrypting sensitive communications such as ESU and SWAT operations, as well as undercover and narcotics investigations.
If you have the base channel CHANNEL NUMBERS either in hex or decimal and the STEP and OFFSET for both the Alpine and Mahwah sites I would greatly appreciate that info. At this time we are monitoring the EMS talkgroups as well as Lodi and Leonia.
Thanks in advance!
73's

puzzleriddle

to program the offset/ extended tables you will nee ARC96 or wn96 softeware & a programming cable. that is the ONLY way. cannot done manually!!:)

ScanXO

there are no channel numbers? the table i gave works in Uniden also
spacing = step
and what is listed in RR as control channels still applies, stay with ALpine if that works for you, it is a simocast system it does tx off of Bergen Pines and the Carlstadt water tank, franklin lakes, hackensack also - but the CC is in Alpine or Mahwah

maybe try it this way

# ch Lo ch hi Base freq offset step
00 0 4095 851.00625 0 6.25
01 4096 8191 762.00625 4096 6.25
02 8192 12287 450.000 8192 6.250
03 12288 16383 470.00000 12288 6.250
04 16384 20479 500.00000 16384 6.250

all the above info is taken right off the CC and works in all radios that dont use CC only trunking
and using a programing software like Freescan for the newer Unidens that do 9600baud works flawlessly even a cave man can do it

Last edited:

2WAYMAN

4-1-12 9 PM EDT
Thanks ScanXO. I should have stated that we are using ARC250 PRO software (v.1.23.01 PRO). The BC296D and BC796D are not DMA type scanners as are the BCD396/-996XT that we also use. Those are easy-just list the system as APCO P25 and put in the control channels and TG's and you're all set.
However, with the 296/-796's , when you open the Trunking Settings box and list the system as a Motorola. Type II UHF system, you are given a table to fill in on the bottom of that drop down box which is as shown here:
Freq. Step Offset Ch.
Base Config 1
Base Config 2
Base Config 3

This is the info that I need when we list the system as Motorola Type II UHF. (If you select Motorola 800 MHz as the system type [which it is not] you are given an on-off box to check for control channel only mode.) I suspect that for the UHF Type II systems, the software is looking for 3 UHF frequencies from the system you are programming along with their respective Step and Offset Channels. Therefore, I presume I would list three of the control channels for the Alpine site, and, for this band the STEP should be 0.06250 Khz?? and then use 0.01250 as the Offset Ch.?
Greatly appreciate the info so I can get these units programmed and on the road.
Thanks again!
73's

comspec

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9800/6.0.0.600 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Are you sure about local town not wanting encryption?

It has been my experience that once they get a taste of encryption they like it.

I am sorry, but the County Encrypting in my biased opinion is just ridiculous. Because they are basically a highway patrol 99% of their comms are car stops and accidents not exactly top secret stuff. But hey you never know when a terrorist might be listening. Yeah right. Of course we need the cops out there and we never know when the big one will hit, so I am not recommending we get rid of them, but the truth is they just don't do that much.

radiomanNJ1

That they BCPD dont do much more than car stops is a urban legend, they do much more they have patroled many towns, since 1917, started the first radio/dispatch system for the towns, and when 911 came along was taking calls before most towns, the K-9 unit would alone break a town budget, and SWAT teams, bomb squad keeps them going 24/7, ever look at when some local Dept started? who did the full time police work back then? they were doing it long before the State Police,
but lets keep repeating your false urban legend
2WAYMAN
anyway the county system is as stated a 9600baud system maybe the radios you have dont do9600 and the tables given above WILL work

SCPD

QRT
The table provided by scanxo is for a P25 system. I think 2wayman is asking for a Motorola table.

ScanXO

really would like to help but am not familar with those other older model scanner 296 or 276 sorry... if you still have the manuel what are the steps required to enter a UHF system of this type - or can somebody wiki it, maybe with all the above info we can get it figured out ...
I think i heard Paramus Hazmat testing last week ? sounded like them - anybody know if they now have a county radio??? and with the recent brush fires the Fire coordinators TG finally came alive....

and as for the county police & car stops - the state police do more cars stops than anyone and they were form later maybe we should do away with them too - sorry thats for another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.