Berkeley Heights Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
It would appear from the on-going hour plus of radio checks that Berkeley Heights has received their long awaited radio upgrades. Radio checks have been on-going on numerous mobiles on both PD and FD.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Been listening for weeks. Also been checking NJICS during testing. Not a peep on ICS.

New radios, I wonder if they also got Plainfield Fires new channel plan, as they just shuffled big time.

The Berkely Heights F2 repeater has never been what the F1 is for me nor the F2 Fire portables. Almost hard to believe it is up on the highway.

For me F2 stiff deaf and dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
It would appear from the on-going hour plus of radio checks that Berkeley Heights has received their long awaited radio upgrades. Radio checks have been on-going on numerous mobiles on both PD and FD.
Berkeley Heights units 2001xxx ARE being seen on NJICS. However they are operating on surrounding area TG’s when rendering mutual aid. No TG usage for BH on ICS seen yet.

Seem to still be on conventional UHF repeater.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Berkeley Heights units 2001xxx ARE being seen on NJICS. However they are operating on surrounding area TG’s when rendering mutual aid. No TG usage for BH on ICS seen yet.

Seem to still be on conventional UHF repeater.

Should be dual band APX's. UHF and 700. Continuing to move towards anybody being able to talk to anyone directly in Union County. I don't know if they'll have any access to Morris County.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
When I plug those coordinates in, that IS North and East. Northern Lights Country.🤣

EmergencyMoo

I don't know if they'll have any access to Morris County.
That's being worked on as we speak. Previously Morris County would require anyone outside of Morris County to foot the bill and buy their own radio if they wanted to talk on Morris going mutual aid. With Morris' new upgrade about to go live, their either giving them keys or giving them a radio. Don't remember which.

Status
Not open for further replies.