Berks County-Hamburg Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

Can someone please give me the frequency of the Hamburg police, (base & mobile). I travel through this area every day and I see more and more police activity, especially around the cabellas rt61 area.

Steveradio

If you are talking about Hamburg State Police they are now on the OpenSky system and dispatched by Harrisburg CDC once in awhile they are on CH.E 154.6950R which is repeated along with Reading PSP They also still use PSP TAC 1 155.460 PL186.2 to talk with other stations along with 154.7550 Mobile to Mobile.

Hamburg Borough Police use 155.3100 as a private and are dispatched on 155.2500 PL91.5 Berks Police F-3

Hope this helps,
Steve

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
If you are talking about Hamburg State Police they are now on the OpenSky system and dispatched by Harrisburg CDC once in awhile they are on CH.E 154.6950R which is repeated along with Reading PSP They also still use PSP TAC 1 155.460 PL186.2 to talk with other stations along with 154.7550 Mobile to Mobile.

Hamburg Borough Police use 155.3100 as a private and are dispatched on 155.2500 PL91.5 Berks Police F-3

Hope this helps,
Steve

I thought Hamburg PD was dispatched on 155.070?

At any rate, 155.310 is the freq they use for the Rt 61 speed traps. I was just up there last week and saw them running an op using a decoy disabled vehicle with an ESP system timing the unobservant speeders. Two chase cars were set up just around the bend to the south of where the decoy was. An orange construction zone sign was set up in the area of the decoy that state something about speed enforcement, but if you weren't paying attention you'd think you were coming up to a work zone. They were nabbing people going through there 80+.

I could only pick up the units involved a short distance (couple miles) north and south of the op.

NodrogCop

What you were seeing was a part of Operation Smooth Operator. It's a PennDOT grant program for state and local police to focus on aggressive driving: high speeds, running stop signs/stop lights/tailgating, etc. There's a wave going on now all over the state.

Gordon

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
We have the Smooth Operator driving program here in jersey too. I heard an officer reference it just this thursday.

setec

I know this thread is a year and half old, but I just joined after finding the site on a search engine.

Just wanted to put the information out there that if you are looking for PD on Rt 61 near Cabela's, that is Tilden Township. The line is the bridge over Old Rt 22 between Tilden Township and Hamburg Police.

Tilden Township Police local frequency is 155.100. Tilden PD (Unit #61) is Berks P1 (F1) along with Hamburg on 155.07000 91.5 PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.