Berks VHF frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Can anyone provide some insight into the various VHF frequencies potentially still in use in Berks? There are still a bunch of old legacy VHF frequencies whose continued use could use some confirmation.

Also, can anyone shed some light on this, in particular:

155.31000 RM173.8 PLBerks F RespFire Response (patched with trunked system) FMN Fire-Tac

This is listed under Berks Co Public Safety in the database, but the only valid license comes back to Womelsdorf (WRAN970). So, if that's the case, it should be moved to another subcategory. Is this just retransmitting the trunked system response talkgroup(s) for responders to hear on pagers? Does it carry A & B or just the talkgroup Womelsdorf would use for response?

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
155.310 is retransmitting anything that is transmitted over Fire A and Fire B. I can also speak for the following being active as I heard plenty of traffic on them following Hurricane Ida:

One of the Fleetwood frequencies is rebroadcasting one of the fire channels

Southeastern Berks Fire VHF System:
This one is a mystery that I will have to do some digging on. I know that I heard at least Exeter on this but being how the licenses are presented in the database I am almost wondering if this has more companies on it than just them and is separated VIA PL tones on the repeaters as I caught more than one PL in use on the one frequency. I'll keep my eyes out and report back with findings.

I believe one of the Topton frequencies, Walnuttown, and possibly Leesport are also rebroadcast frequencies of one of the OPS channels. I will keep my eye out on the scanner a little more on that as well.

Southern Berks Regional EMS was consolidated by Tower Direct. I can inquire as to if this is still in use but I don't see why it wouldn't be as I heard them earlier this year.

Twin Valley can be deleted as they are a Chester County company

As far as the Berks Fire Police frequencies I think these are "legacy" channels but I will try to inquire further

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
There was a hay fire yesterday morning in Muhlenberg Twp; I only heard FD hailing A West, not FD hailing B East on 155.310; and the ops tg's were rebroadcast on 155.310.

doc62

Twin Valley can be deleted as they are a Chester County company

Twin Valley is dispatched by Chester County, but their station is half in Chester and half in Berks and are primary for fire in Caernarvon Township, Berks County.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
once scanning around walnuttown i've picked up fire activity on 500mhz somewhere between 504 and 510mhz sounded crossbanded from TRS

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
once scanning around walnuttown i've picked up fire activity on 500mhz somewhere between 504 and 510mhz sounded crossbanded from TRS
Walnuttown has a relay of the trs on 154.19 DCS664. I'll search the 500MHz range for any activity.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Any of the townships still using any VHF as tactical/backup for PD?

Is it worth keeping 155.070 in the radio still?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Any of the townships still using any VHF as tactical/backup for PD?

Is it worth keeping 155.070 in the radio still?

I haven’t heard any patching onto 070 for a few years. Every once in a while you catch some PSP patch interaction with Berks units on National though. Do you really need the a lot it occupies would be the question.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Has this been recently; as I am hearing the South Central Interop system Ellendale site on 501.2125 freq group.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
They've used it for PSP helo patch several times, especially if the NAT PD freq is busy.

How recently? I have plenty of space in the radio I just usually park on the P25 system and listen to fire when I am there. Are 155.475 and 155.4825 active there alot?

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
How recently? I have plenty of space in the radio I just usually park on the P25 system and listen to fire when I am there. Are 155.475 and 155.4825 active there alot?
In the past year I heard them on 155.07 2x; 155.475 is the usually used freq, used several times the past year; never heard anything on 155.4825. You may want to keep a listen on the Rangers at Blue Marsh Dam; in the past 2 mos they had 2 drownings and 2 boating accidents:
173.4125 P25 NAC100.

Status
Not open for further replies.