Berkshire County Fire Dispatch Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
Just letting everyone know that on Monday September 15th Berkshire County Fire Dispatch (formally known as 470) will begin to implement their new policies and procedures for dispatching and communicating with Fire/EMS departments. The biggest change will be all dispatch will be done on the current channel (154.310 TPL 107.2) and all units responding or talking to the Dispatchers will do so on the new Response channel (152.9825 TPL 131.8). You will also see an increase in the usage of the Fireground channels for on scene operations.

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
My apologies, it is DPL 311. Not sure where I got the 131.8 from. Monday at 8am is the switchover.

cmpsa

thank you both for the important update... Always glad to have the best up-to-date freqs in our scanners...

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected. The fire response channel is TPL 131.8. I confirmed it with the local Motorola Tech.

ecps92

Hmmm, they might have a problem then as the DPL is what was announced with the ICS 205/217 forms submitted

Guess we will have to wait for a few incidents to get a real feel

I stand corrected. The fire response channel is TPL 131.8. I confirmed it with the local Motorola Tech.

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
I know, I am not sure what happened. I am looking at the "Berkshire County Fire Communications Manual" that just came out a few months ago, and that too is listing the TPL code. I have programmed the TPL into my mobile, so I agree with you. Let's see what happens after a couple incidents......

cg

Premium Subscriber
Traffic received using PL 131.8. Loud and clear in north central CT.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.