Bernalillo Sheriff's / Albuquerque Police Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

campcraig71

Hi. I have just recently purchased a Uniden SDS-100 radio scanner, and I have a question. When I purchased the scanner I had the Bernalillo Sheriff/APD/AFD pre-programmed into my scanner from Zip Scanner. When I rec'd the scanner and started listening to the scanner. The only group I have heard on the radio so far has been the AFD freqs. I haven't heard any transmissions from BCSO/APD freqs. Is there something wrong with my scanner or do I need to check something with the scanner to see something needs to be turned on. Please help. Craig

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Get the ProVoice option, it's worth the price. AFD Dispatch is the only one that is routinely analog and then it's only the dispatch side of the conversation. Some of the BCSO Area Command dispatch channels will go analog for a bit, but only at seemingly random times. I've never heard any of the APD channels go analog.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It should be noted that the EDACS system will be replaced by a P25 Phase II system in less than two years.

CorwinScansNM

It should be noted that the EDACS system will be replaced by a P25 Phase II system in less than two years.

Sad to say & think about for the current NM scanner user's/listeners who can & are able to listen to & monitor Bernalillo County and Albuquerque Police & Fire Departments with the simple Uniden ProVoice Upgrade because as I am recalling, the NM EDACS System will be replaced by a P25 Phase II (Encrypted) System. This known & read from an earlier New Mexico RR post in 2018?

http://forums.radioreference.com/th...nty-public-safely-website.369635/post-2924074

http://forums.radioreference.com/th...nty-public-safely-website.369635/post-2925269

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I have just recently purchased a Uniden SDS-100 radio scanner, and I have a question. When I purchased the scanner I had the Bernalillo Sheriff/APD/AFD pre-programmed into my scanner from Zip Scanner. When I rec'd the scanner and started listening to the scanner. The only group I have heard on the radio so far has been the AFD freqs. I haven't heard any transmissions from BCSO/APD freqs. Is there something wrong with my scanner or do I need to check something with the scanner to see something needs to be turned on. Please help. Craig

Once you add ProVoice, you will be able to monitor everything but "DE" mode talk groups. "DE" means full time encryption. From what I am seeing, you have plenty of things to hear with ProVoice.

I added PV to my 436HP and did not look back. I was able to identify various PV talk groups that were not in the RR DB for Bell County in Texas. Also, I was able to monitor San Antonio PD for the 1st time in many years.

For me, it was worth every penny!

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
Exactly worth it to listen now. As far as I’m concerned, a new system is vaporware at this point. Heck, ABQ can’t even get the ART working.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Even if the "less than two years" time frame actually happens (I have my doubts, but it's certainly possible), the upgrade is worth it. Back when it first came out for the 436, I figured if I got at least a year's worth of listening out of it, it would have been money well spent.

Still worth the update. Only complaint on the 436 is audio isn't loud but it works.
I've found that this is the ONLY system where I actually have to turn my 436's volume down. I've found that, even with an amplified speaker, I have to max out the volume to hear the audio while in the car, except for when I'm listening to this system.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I use the Volume Offset to help prevent me from having to adjust the volume knob too much. I seem to bump down the Provoice TG's and on other analog systems, bump up the channels.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Get the ProVoice option, it's worth the price. AFD Dispatch is the only one that is routinely analog and then it's only the dispatch side of the conversation. Some of the BCSO Area Command dispatch channels will go analog for a bit, but only at seemingly random times. I've never heard any of the APD channels go analog.

In Albuquerque frequently for work and programmed my 325P2 for Fire only since I haven't done the PV upgrade yet. Are the mobiles/portables for the FD on the provoice channels or ? Never really hear a tac channel on dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.