Bernards Twp PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
the Bernards Twp NJ PD is now on the Somerset County P25 500/700 MHZ System. Phase II Audio.. Talk group 3705. on the 700 mhz zone. Sometimes, it is linked with their VHF channel 155.58, and the audio is very distorted. When they use it without being linked, it is very clear. Does anyone have any other info on this , including any other channels that are being used ? I think they are using the transmitter site at their headquarters. The RR database should be updated.

richee2000

Yes, they had a slot on Somerset County PD North, which is shared with other PD's, according to the database. Since they have had their own VHF channel, it seems they wanted their "own " slot on the county trunking system. They are still working out the bugs, though. The UHF and VHF systems are now patched together... and not working too well. I think when they shut down the VHF totally, the UHF will sound like it should. It seems like the portables are on UHF and the car radios are on VHF.... As far as I know, the FD/EMS are staying on VHF.

richee2000

Is anyone else having issues receiving Bernards PD on the Somerset county P-25 TRS? My BCD 436 HP sometimes does not stop on the talk group. or misses the first few words... also, the audio of the hand helds is usually very hard to understand...

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Bernards Loud & Clear

Just downloaded Bernards Twp PD this morning by updating my database. I'm receiving Bernards loud and clear on my BCD536HP.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
All the portables on the Somerset County System leave a lot to be desired, sometimes totally unreadable!

Have you tried to change the threshold settings like others have talked about?

I don't want to mess with it, I'll wait for a firmware update to cover it.

Dave

richee2000

interesting, even though i am located right in Bernards TWP...it seems as though the ONLY talk group i am having trouble receiving on the Somerset County P25 TRS clearly is Bernards Twp. PD. which is phase II , and using the 700 site. My Uniden BC 436HP sometimes does not stop on that talk group when they are transmitting, and when it does the audio is broken up...or unclear. The signal strength for the 700 site is alot lower here than the UHF 500 site. I am a few miles from their site, at Police HQ. I tried playing with the p25 threshold, to no avail.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have been hearing it on my way in to/from work. So far it seems to sound the same as the other talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.