Berrien County 468.5625

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourbinlabs

I came across analog FM traffic on 468.5625. Listening for a while has led me to believe this is Berrien Bus. There is a fixed base dispatch and mobile units that check in from areas around Berrien County on simplex.

I have not been able to find any local licenses associated with this frequency on the FCC's site. If anyone can find more info about this traffic, it could be added to the DB.

fourbinlabs

To follow up. I now believe this is WPNU985. I had kept my search limited to IG (Industrial/Bussiness, Conventional) and had excluded Trunked systems from my seach.

whacker

I'm just getting back into using my Uniden BCD-396T after a several years off, and wonder about this business as well.

Are you saying 468.5625 is the repeater output they use (which would be odd - 463.xxxx seems more likely according to convention)? I used to have info on them and routinely monitored them, but I can't at this moment tell you what frequency I had them on.

Now that winter weather has arrived I'll be getting back into this, so will be watching and experimenting to confirm things like this. Thanks for any info.

Hit_Factor

...Seems like they were on a different UHF frequency three or four years ago.
Could be, if by 'they' you mean Berrien Bus. They are renting/leasing airtime from SMR Communications, who has a number of freqs to use as they see fit for their customers. Freqs could have changed for any number of reasons.

whacker

I can now pretty much confirm 463.5625 as being in use for Berrien Bus and their contracted Buchanan Dial-A-Ride service (where I live). Constant use observed during business hours except for the holidays.

I would have to guess that there may have been a frequency change when Transportation Management, Inc. quit running Berrien Bus back in June this past year (taken up by the county) . Still can't find any written records of my own to pin that freq down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.