Berrien County: What's up with SMCAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacker

I haven't heard any traffic on 151.3325 for some time (or their old frequency for that matter). Have they changed it up again, or maybe just changed their PL tones? They've got enough calls that I should be hearing them at least occasionally. Anyone have any insight on this?

0pusX

They have a new freq since they started being dispatched through Berrien Co Dispatch. Actually they had a new one when BC took over dispatch duties and then had to switch again when there were problems with that freq.

Jay34

I have been wondering that myself about SMCAS cuz i can easily pick up Medic 1 where im at and I would like to be able to listen in on SMCAS traffic too! And the fact that the new freq isnt even posted on here is bologna.

whacker

Yeah, bologna with a thick slice of cheese!

OpusX, if you know, please spill to us all. I've tried searching, but there's too much territory between the likely150 Mhz and 450-460 Mhz freqs. they could be at.

0pusX

I go into work tonight and will try to find out. As soon as I find out I will let you all know!

whacker

Well, mystery partly solved.

I was engaged in some due dilegence, doing searches in various bands, mainly in the 150 - 156 MHz area, which is SMCAS' original home, and finally got a hit on 151.3350 (this on my Uniden BCD396T). I've gotten hits here before, when 151.3325 was first established. This I attribute to my radio's selectivity slop with the 2.5 KHz channel spacing.

Then, I went back to 151.3325 MHz, already in my radio, and turned off the PL setting (118.8). Voila! That seems to be the issue. I would say, unless we get word otherwise, that the PL was changed on 151.3325. I only use PLs when I'm trying to keep the channel from opening the squelch due to skip, as there isn't any other receivable traffic around here on that freq. So maybe I'll find out what the current PL is and post it, unless OpusX beats me to it.

Too bad I didn't find this out yesterday evening, as there was a rare ambulance call just a block away from where I live.

whacker

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6263/2.0 (05.20) Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Doing a search for the tone, I find it's been changed to DCS331. First time I've ever encountered one of these. I wonder why the change.

0pusX

155.295 is the freq we tone them out on and what we talk to them on here in dispatch. Hope that helps!

Craigmoe

Premium Subscriber
I don't how long this has been going on but it appears there is a 'repeater' on 151.370 which is simulcasting 460.600 (Niles City Fire) as I heard it tonight. Does anyone have any information
on this? Input? Thanks...

Craigmoe

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me I didn't mean to imply at all that SMACAS was using this frequency. I was asking a new question. I know this frequency (151.370) has been in use for some time but just recently hearing a repeater on it and simulcasting 460.600 which I have not heard before. I guess I should have started a 'new thread'? Me bad!

whacker

How does one go about alerting the appropriate database administrator of a change in a frequency listing? I want to do this regarding the change of the squelch coding for 151.3325.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
How does one go about alerting the appropriate database administrator of a change in a frequency listing? I want to do this regarding the change of the squelch coding for 151.3325.

Top menu bar - "Submit Info"

0pusX

What unit numbers do you hear talking on the channel? I might be able to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.