Berwick fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

I'll get straight to it. 1st Berwick pd ties in with South Berwick - with all new equipment. Then, the NEW Berwick pd repeater fries... It sizzled like bacon. So they take the DPW repeater-- putting DPW on simplex.. Then, they apply for new freqs.. Why??.. Months later they tested on the new repeater 155.0775 dc 251.. Former freq 156.2325 also dc 251... Ok, so now the repeater is running... Then we get this heavy snow storm, and I tune in to the DPW...
Here's the confusing part, but I solved it...
Possible inexperienced driver for this story...
I heard them on new freq calling, and in different scanner someone responded in former freq. 156.2325 dc 251.. Trust me, all scanners went into checking for image freq.... No.... The simplex channel was never re programmed to 155.0775, but stayed 156.2325.... Meanwhile, if they use repeater, simplex users won't hear anyone...
Mind you, I am not insulting anyone when I say the Berwick pd repeater fried... It happens..... We all heard it, fry....
However, it is my experience to change as little as possible when playing with repeater setting up....
But, to leave that old channel in, either that's a tac, or over looked...
Just facts, and my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.