Best 800mhz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I have a Uniden BCD996XT and some of the 800mhz channels become choppy and I miss parts. I am using a leaf antenna (small flat square antenna in window), after I found better reception with it than stock antenna. Would i see significant improvement if I bought an 800mhz indoor small antenna, and if so, what antennas do you recommend?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is the best desktop antenna for 800 mhz hand down. I have been using them for a long time and if you are having a hard time picking up 800 mhz with your stock telescopic antenna then use this one.

You will need an elbow connector to make it up-right

Goto Radio Shacks website and search for 800 mhz antenna. Its 24.95 one.

I tried to copy and paste the link but it goes to somewhere else.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
I'm pleased with the Rat Shack 800 mHz duck, too.
To the OP: Are you in a position to install an outdoor antenna?

DJ11DLN

The RS 800 MHz duck is a unity (0db) gain antenna. It may or may not outperform the one you have. If you happen to know any other scanner junkies in your area, you might ask around and see if someone has one you can do a trial-run with. I think it's rather overpriced for what it is, but that's my opinion...if it was $10 I'd say just get one and try it, but for the price, I'd want a test-drive. Mine works okay in certain circumstances; others it's no improvement over my stock antennas. If I'd been able to play with one for a few days, I frankly wouldn't have bought it.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Rat Shack has a very liberal return policy. You have 30 days! Just keep your receipt and the packaging and they won't object.
There actually are supposed to be better 800 MHz antennas out there, but since I receive what I need with the Rat Shack, I haven't done much experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.