Best antenna ..indoor for a BCT8

Status
Not open for further replies.

budpeed

Premium Subscriber
New member,live in Western Maryland,where it's been snowing all day! Just got the above unit.Delighted.
Not sure if the supplied ant. is good enough? On top of a mountain at 2,900 ft. Could the group share their
thoughts on best antenna.Again,must be indoor type.
Thanks.
Bud Peed
Retired USMC.
Aviation Ordnance VMF-321

majoco

Stirrer
+1 for the supplied wire antenna that came with your rig - just stick it to the window with the supplied suckers and you're good to go.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Bud if you have an attic available, you would benefit even more from the additional clearance from at least some of the stuff in your home (normally I would say something about the height, but being at nearly 3000 foot, you've already got a built in advantage). It depends, of course, how much vertical clearance you have, but nearly anything you put up there with reasonable type of coax would outdo any antenna you would put in like a mag mount on a coffee can or similar by a wide margin.

best regards..Mike

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Bud if you have an attic available, you would benefit even more from the additional clearance from at least some of the stuff in your home (normally I would say something about the height, but being at nearly 3000 foot, you've already got a built in advantage). It depends, of course, how much vertical clearance you have, but nearly anything you put up there with reasonable type of coax would outdo any antenna you would put in like a mag mount on a coffee can or similar by a wide margin.

best regards..Mike

You're right but don't discount a good mobile. When I rented a townhouse, I used a mobile mag mount on a coffee can in the attic and it performed great.

You don't have to over think things. Try it, if it doesn't work, try something else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Francosis

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Best indoor antenna...for a BCT8

I have a BCT8 in my office which is attached to the DPD indoor marine band antenna attached to the interior wall near my door to eliminate interference from my PC & it works great, my bedroom BCT8 stock antenna is replaced by the Diamond RH77CA back of set whip with a right angle BNC connector, both work for me, very delighted with both setups, hope this helped.

DPD Productions - Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

www.universal-radio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.