Best aproach to programming NJSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

911guy

Trying to get back in to scanning again and doing some reprogramming and am a little confused how the NJSP system is set up these days...hopefully someone here can help...

I have a 246 that I want to be able to use all over the place, previously I had the 3 seperate systems programmed with their appropriate TG's; however it looks like everything is now linked so this is where I'm a little confused...

Do I program in each sites frequencies (and TG's) as seperate systems...OR

Can I just program all the frequencies (or perhaps just the control frequencies?) in to one system and let the scanner find the best control channel and it will track?

The ID structure is easier to deal with (than the old hybrid system) however back then each troop also had it's own frequencies - the idea of sites with different frequencies, and itelli-repeaters etc...is a little confusing to me.

I'm hoping I can just load ALL the control channels in one place and let the scanner "grab" the best one it receives so I don't have to program multiple sites etc...

lt307

Premium Subscriber
I travel quite often from northern NJ to Cape May County. I have a Pro-106 that is loaded with all of the NJSP control channels and as I move from one area to the next I am able to pick up all of the various transmissions. With the system set up this way while I am up North I pick up Troops B & C and all toll road troops, in central NJ I pick up Troops A, B, C, & all toll road troops, and in the southern part of the state I pick up Troops A, C, and all of the toll road troops. Hope that helps.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I basically program this as one big system with all the main sites either programmed in one bank on the older uniden scanners or all in one system in the newer uniden scanners, in control channel only mode. If find this works better for me as most scanners programmed this way will find the next control channel when you go out of range without having to touch the scanner. This can be done with any trunking scanner and it works quite well.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Njsp

I have a 396xt w/the entire system and the intel repeaters all programmed into one bank. Works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.