Best batteries for PSR 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_61

I use whatever is on sale and guess what CVS rechargeables give me 24hr on my PRO-164 and about 8hrs on my 800 useing a LaCrosse charger! While these are only a few of the batts I use (I have been playing with many) they work for the money... I do have some sanyo's on the way!! I say goto try them all!!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The CVS rechargables are they "green" in color...I have them and they work great for over a year....

divemaster500

Powerex 2700's

I will let you know how I make out with the MaHa 2700's and the charger I purchased.

I put 4 of the Powerex 2700's in at 8am this morning after an initial soft charge (2 hours) on the MaHa MH-C801 charger. I got just over 12 hours total time on them. I have the LED and backlight come on with each transmission. I am very pleased with the run time! I also changed the battery thresholds in the new update and the battery icon registers exactly as it should as the batteries deplete.

Tracker

I put 4 of the Powerex 2700's in at 8am this morning after an initial soft charge (2 hours) on the MaHa MH-C801 charger. I got just over 12 hours total time on them. I have the LED and backlight come on with each transmission. I am very pleased with the run time! I also changed the battery thresholds in the new update and the battery icon registers exactly as it should as the batteries deplete.

what is the rate charge on "soft charge".....200.....500.....700.....of more?

jackj

What values?

I would be interested to know what voltage levels you used for the icon thresholds. My scanner seems to drop on audio peaks and never recovers. It also goes into low battery shut-down on audio peaks. Maybe my 800 has a problem.

Bob_61

I would be interested to know what voltage levels you used for the icon thresholds. My scanner seems to drop on audio peaks and never recovers. It also goes into low battery shut-down on audio peaks. Maybe my 800 has a problem.

NiMH
14 bars 4.45
12 bars 4.40
10 bars 4.35
8 bars 4.30
6 bars 4.25
4 bars 4.20
2 bars 4.15
0 bars 4.05
ALERT 4.01

There may be those that don't agree with these settings , but I don't want to see the batt. icon half way down after ten min. of installing fully charged batteries. And it still run about 8 hr. no matter what the settings are. I did not change the "alcohol" batt. settings! :twisted:

divemaster500

I came up with the settings based on nothing more than trial and error. I am using the following:

14 Bars = 4.90
12 Bars = 4.80
10 Bars = 4.70
8 Bars = 4.60
6 Bars = 4.50
4 Bars = 4.40
2 Bars = 4.30
0 Bars = 4.20
Alert = 4.10

Last edited:

Bob_61

I came up with the settings based on nothing more than trial and error. I am using the following:

14 Bars = 4.9
12 Bars = 4.8
10 Bars = 4.7
8 Bars = 4.6

As in my experience the radio operates basically the same, but to see the icon not dropping off at the very beginning is nice to see, well it is only cosmetics so to speak! But I like it.... :)

racin06

Premium Subscriber
I just finished a cycle on four of my new Powerex Imedion 2400mAh Nimh batteries, powering my PSR-800. The PSR-800 simultaneously monitored four trunking systems...one EDACS analog, P25 and two Motorola standard digital systems. The backlight was off and occasionally used manually. The Imedion batteries lasted 10.5 hours.

Battery alert numbers set to 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5, 4.4, 4.3, 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, 4.08. The low voltage alarm never sounded; however, when the PSR-800 shut down, one bar was showing on the battery indicator. More testing to follow.

Last edited:

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Listen up men... Always let the woman do the decorating and select the batteries. They know these things.

Bob_61

Listen up men... Always let the woman do the decorating and select the batteries. They know these things.

You are too funny!! Always coming up with good ones!! By the way who are the guys in your avatar, I think I know them! :twisted:

What are these bars they refer to in the program? Mine is solid as it goes down....

Last edited:

divemaster500

You are too funny!! Always coming up with good ones!! By the way who are the guys in your avatar, I think I know them! :twisted:

What are these bars they refer to in the program? Mine is solid as it goes down....

The Bars refer to the threshold settings in the new PSR-800 software update. They are set under the Advanced Tab. Many 800 users have commented that the battery icon on the 800 screen deplete's very quickly under the new update- by changing the threshold settings, users are attempting to get an accurate representation as to how much battery life is actually left on the batteries in the unit.

Bob_61

The Bars refer to the threshold settings in the new PSR-800 software update. They are set under the Advanced Tab. Many 800 users have commented that the battery icon on the 800 screen deplete's very quickly under the new update- by changing the threshold settings, users are attempting to get an accurate representation as to how much battery life is actually left on the batteries in the unit.

Thanks ,But I see no "bars". Just a solid icon as it goes down. As it goes down it is just black no bars,which is no real problem. The program states "bars" I see no bars, oh well as I said no big deal. It would be ok to see bars like in the signal strength icon...

mikev

Thanks ,But I see no "bars". Just a solid icon as it goes down. As it goes down it is just black no bars,which is no real problem. The program states "bars" I see no bars, oh well as I said no big deal. It would be ok to see bars like in the signal strength icon...

The battery icon has 16 columns of pixels ("bars") inside it. These are the "bars" being referred to. The icon appears solid.

jackj

No, the program isn't BS, Bob 61. The icon is made up of 16 vertical lines spaced really close together so that they appear to be a solid horizontal bar when all are dark. As the battery discharges, the vertical lines turn light in groups of 2. This makes it appear as a solid dark horizontal bar that gets shorter.

Bob_61

No, the program isn't BS, Bob 61. The icon is made up of 16 vertical lines spaced really close together so that they appear to be a solid horizontal bar when all are dark. As the battery discharges, the vertical lines turn light in groups of 2. This makes it appear as a solid dark horizontal bar that gets shorter.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Which I should of kept to myself, I still love my 800! So I should not complain... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.