• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Best deal on 123A lithium batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Costco has 48 Alkaline AA batteries for $8.00. They have a shelf life of 5 years. I have used these batteries for years. Same power just less shelf life, but I don't use them in a device that it not used for 10 years, so I go for the much cheaper price.

MarkWestin

I have different devices that use both AA Batteries, and CR123 Lithium batteries. I own three SureFire flashlights that use the CR123 batteries. The Surefire Batteries are a great deal, compared to buying "Camera batteries" at any store ($6.00 each or 2 for $10.00 vs 12 batteries for $21.00 from SureFire).

I don't know what a good deal on Alkaline AA batteries has to do with devices that use CR123 Lithium batteries, because the CR123 isn't interchangeable with any other battery type. I think that the person who replied may be confusing the CR123 3 volt Lithium batteries with the L91 AA size 1.5 volt Lithium batteries.

I use Rechargeable NiMh batteries in all my radio receivers (that don't take special packs), and find them to be much less expensive in the long run, plus I'm not putting 20 or 30 batteries into the landfill every month like I used to do before I switched to rechargeables.

Mark

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

prcguy

Botactactical is a cop shop in Los Angeles, lots of my friends shop there but you have to be a cop to get in the actual store. I’ve bought lots of junk from them over the years including large CR-123 purchases with no problems and their prices are very good.
prcguy
Grog said:
Never, ever, deal with them. There are horror stories about them for years on various websites.

Battery station has them for $1.50, and cheaper if you are a member of a certain flashlight website.

http://www.batterystation.com/cr123a.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.