Best Filter(s) for SDS-100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Any opinions here as far as the best SDS100 filter(s) to use for VHF and UHF air monitoring?
Thanks in advance...

majoco

Stirrer
That's a pretty broad question. Need more info - are trying to pass a band of frequencies and reject all others, reject a specific band, high pass, low pass, insertion loss?

Ubbe

I see many users that have Invert as their prefered filter for VHF Air, as that will block broadcast FM a bit more. For UHF air it's probably different setting depending of your local interferencies.

/Ubbe

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire

majoco

Stirrer
+1 for the PAR VHFBP(116-134)HT bandpass filter - keeps all of the VHF FM locals out of my air band.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Kevin, Dale makes some excellent airband filters. They're not cheap but worth every penny and will last forever.

I have used some of Dale's filters in the past for other applications and I can vouch for their excellence as well, thanks.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
The best filter for the SDS is the Uniden BC125AT.
Remember that the SDS series was produced to limit simulcast on 700-800 MHz systems. Not be a stand alone VHF/UHF air receiver.
Just saying......
Painfully understood, just trying to squeeze every bit of performance performance out of this scanner when it comes to something other than 700/800 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.