Best for streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I currently stream two feeds on RR. They are both P25 Phase I systems and I use Commercial radios.. The systems are in process of switching to Phase II.. My Commercial radios are Phase I only so they are going to be paper weights soon..

I have a Pro 668 that is programmed up for the new Phase II system, but the LSM is killing it..

Does anyone have a Uniden scanner that does well with the LSM issues?.. I don't need a 536 or some "super scanner" as it will be sitting in a dark corner of the shack and used exclusively for streaming one system..

I'm looking at the 996P2 or 325P2.. Any suggestions / comments?

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I recommend the BCD996P2. I have been feeding since 2011 and always with a BCT15, BCT15X, or BCD996XT.

That basic radio design has a 'Record Out' jack which has a pre-set audio output level which works great for streaming.

My BCD996XT feeder does good with LSM once I setup an interior Yagi antenna. I live in a heavy LSM area.

I bought my BCD996XT when the digital upgrade was announced, then 2 weeks later the BCD996P2 was released.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Thanks.. I think I will save some $$ and heed your advise.

seth21w

It depends on the phase 2 system it is and your location with phase 2 its very tricky, the x36 line is the best for simulcast reception, however you may be able to get by with the 996p2.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Without a doubt, the best scanner to stream is the BCD536HP using the Wi-Fi. No copper connections that can cause AC Hum from ground loops, or overdriving the sound card. The streaming audio is crystal clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.