Best Frequencies To Monitor Inside Port Authority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I am aware that the majority of communications are on a TETRA system and therefore not easy to monitor. However are there any active frequencies or talkgroups that can easily be monitored while waiting for a bus at the port authority? Primarily real time comms on tunnel traffic conditions? Just curious.

Reconrider

Not sure what scanner you have because you didn’t list it, but if it’s a uniden you can use close call and see what pops up.
i think whistler calls it stalker/sweeper.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
All the police went encrypted.

I don't know about the rest of the operations.

But if you think you're going to hear on-going "traffic conditions," you're not. It's not like the old "Shadow Traffic" reports. And when they do get something like a disabled car it's usually a one-liner, and traffic isn't held for all that long.

Besides, if they do get a stoppage in the Lincoln Tunnel (which, BTW, is a different facility than the Bus Terminal and is on its own frequencies and have their own problems), what is your alternative to getting into NJ?

Analogrules

True. My NJtransit app also alerts me when there is a problem in the tunnel, however those alerts can be 20-30 minutes delayed/late. Therefore, just curious if there is a way to monitor "real time" traffic conditions in the Lincoln Tunnel?

Tank67

True. My NJtransit app also alerts me when there is a problem in the tunnel, however those alerts can be 20-30 minutes delayed/late. Therefore, just curious if there is a way to monitor "real time" traffic conditions in the Lincoln Tunnel?

Since PD went encrypted I don't think there's anything else unfortunately

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
You can get traffic condition from
aggredate data as in Waze road self-reporting, and 511ny.org road cameras and they have a traffic speed map too, down to street level and road incidents called in

davee223

Premium Subscriber
I am aware that the majority of communications are on a TETRA system and therefore not easy to monitor. However are there any active frequencies or talkgroups that can easily be monitored while waiting for a bus at the port authority? Primarily real time comms on tunnel traffic conditions? Just curious.

BT Ops 470.6125 - If there any delays in service, you will hear them.

Analogrules

I can confirm 470.6125 PL 127.3 is indeed still active. I close-called it today at the PA Bus Terminal. Not sure why it was ever removed from the DB in the first place. I just submitted it to the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.