Best Hand Held Scanner...

Best Police Scanner for NYC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico8458

Hello All:

As a Noob here, seeking feedback on the best hand held police scanner for New York City use. any feedback to my poll will be appreciated greatly. thanks for you input...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
asking this question is like asking someone what is the best car on the market...
also, your poll is biased against GRE/Radio Shack scanners...3 Unidens and only 1 radio shack??...what about the top of the line Radio Shack handheld Pro96??? anyway, I would say going on your list alone for me:
1) 330T
2) 246T
3) Pro97
4) 250D
ain't gonna pick just one though :cool:
73's
Marshall KE4ZNR

mikie333

they are right about adding the pro96 and other digital models, but if that is not goign to be in your scanning, i say don't waist your money. I have a pro97 and love it...i dont need a 96 because there is no digital service (that i scan at least) that i know of in my area.

KE4ZNR said:
asking this question is like asking someone what is the best car on the market...
also, your poll is biased against GRE/Radio Shack scanners...3 Unidens and only 1 radio shack??...what about the top of the line Radio Shack handheld Pro96??? anyway, I would say going on your list alone for me:

Maybe these are the only choices in this poll because these choices are the ones Rico has available to him (like maybe he doesn't have the $500+ to spend on a 396T or Pro-96, etc.). Maybe he's not asking "what's the best scanner of all?"... just "of these choices, what's the best scanner for him?"

I'd sure like that 330T alot more without the NASCAR logo on it... I watch alot of NASCAR and all but I don't care to have it on my scanner. Yeah, that's superficial and all... but if I'm spending $100's on a scanner, I want to be happy with it. I have a 246T and have been quite pleased with it. I've no experience with the PRO-97 (don't care for many GRE scanners, myself) or the 250D (rebanding NOT supported, discontinued?). Honestly, I personally wouldn't purchase the 97 or the 250, but that's just me. I'm sure others have been happy with theirs.

Last edited:

acetech

Out of those the 330t then the 246t .. 330t is def. the best non digital handheld on the planet. Just cover up the nascar logo :p .

maalox

hi.... i use the 330t i say its the best non digital hh scanner. i use it to scann all nyc.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
97 isnt a bad unti for the price i have owned 2 of them.. if you arent scanning anything digital pro-97 , 250d , 246 and 330 will work for you. i also had the 250d and loved it. the pro-97 and 250d both have their pros and cons. i guess if i had to pick one the 250d would be it. the 250d is more user friendly the onyl thing that was better about the pro97 was it had a lounder volume and brighter display but the 250d blew the 97 away in options and over all performence

Rico8458

best hand held for NYC

maalox said:
hi.... i use the 330t i say its the best non digital hh scanner. i use it to scann all nyc.

Hello Maalox:

Sir, advise the best 3 non digital hand helds, and the best 3 digital hand helds for NYC for FDNY, EMC, NYPD, ETC.... thanks . thanks all for the various input. since i am new to the game, do not know much about the various brands for both digital and non-digital, etc. that can be used here in NYC. appreciate all your feedback and input.

Rico8458

thanks all for the great feedback. one last question. keep in mind i am a rookie. which ones are the digital and which are analog? hand helds. i know the pro-96 is digital, and from reading here i think some others too. but still a bid confused as i am a new player.

Status
Not open for further replies.