Best HandHeld Scanner for $200 range

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdev

I am looking for some opinions for a good handheld scanner for around $200 dollars. I will need at least dual trunking (would like to have triple) also prefer EDACS as well.

I would like to be able to scan KCMO and MOST surrounding areas.

I have searched around and am in between on some.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

cdev

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for some opinions for a good handheld scanner for around $200 dollars. I will need at least dual trunking (would like to have triple) also prefer EDACS as well.

I would like to be able to scan KCMO and MOST surrounding areas.

I have searched around and am in between on some.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

cdev
Look closely at the Radio Shack Pro-107 for $229. All of the Radio Reference database is included on the scanner and is updated every week. Has all you will need for analog scanning and easy programming of trunking systems.

Haley

cdev, I can vouch for a BC346xt, if you dont need digital, in MY opinion, the best analog scanner out there. They are around $210-220, on most sites. The 346 has pre-programmed in it quite a few metro areas, and KC is one of them. I used it when I was in KC last fall for a Chiefs game, and it worked quite well. The 346 is triple trunking by the way. Mike

Sorry I wasnt paying attention. You posted in the RS scanner forum. If that means you are only interested in $200 radio shack scanners, then I would suggest the Pro164, or as Trekker65 has said the Pro107. The 107 is actually on sale starting today for $199. Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.