SDS100/SDS200: Best headset for use with the SDS100?

ccsprague

Hi all,
First time poster, long time follower.

I'm looking at picking up some different headsets for the SDS100 and I have 2 use cases. One will be casual listening and the other will be when I plan to use it at NASCAR and Indycar events.

Any recommendations on a good set of cans for the SDS100 that won't cause any issues/undesired operation?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Ring you SDS100 with you and visit a Best Buy’s store (or any store local to you that has the different style headphones on display. Try them out before you buy. For a NASCAR event you would be looking for something that helps block out ambient noise… those large “cups” that cover the entire ear are what you will be looking for. Do a search on Amazon or Google for NASCAR HEADPHONES. That should give you pictures, some ideas.

ccsprague

Ring you SDS100 with you and visit a Best Buy’s store (or any store local to you that has the different style headphones on display. Try them out before you buy. For a NASCAR event you would be looking for something that helps block out ambient noise… those large “cups” that cover the entire ear are what you will be looking for. Do a search on Amazon or Google for NASCAR HEADPHONES. That should give you pictures, some ideas.
My only concern here is just how uncomfortable the headbands are.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
They block outside noise better than the headphones that I have, less cumbersome and work great with a hat.

avaloncourt

I use my SDS100 primarily for races. I have a bluetooth adapter on it to be able to put the scanner in a bag with a battery connected and use a 3M Worktunes Connect bluetooth headset. The combination works great. I used a variety of things getting to this point and this was the best quality and noise suppression I came up with and the headset is very comfortable.

KE6HHM

Premium Subscriber

Rugged NASCAR Behind The Head Headset for Race Fan Racing Radios Electronics Communications – Connects to Scanners

5.05.0 out of 5 stars (1)
$75.00$75.00
$5.95 delivery Mar 15 - 16

111mHoVK0kL._SS200_.png
Small Business. Amazon website.

windoznt

I use a Bluetooth controller paired with Shokz bone conduction headphones and a pair of foam earplugs. It works great, and you forget you have the headphones on because they are so lightweight.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Even though it's a mono radio, get stereo headphones. I can't remember the exact reason but Upman said it was necessary.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I use these at races and air shows. I have a pair of them and you can easily talk to each other during the event. The best I've ever used. They also have them without the mic. And, yes, you have to use a stereo adapter if it does not have a stereo plug.