Best high endurance Micro SD card for SDS series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I got some coming, many thanks. I knew there was more to consider, and a better product out there.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
From the SanDisk listing:
Product description
Capacity:1 Pack
These high endurance, industrial-grade solutions offer extended product life cycles. Combined with proactive Health Status Monitor on the cards, our industrial solutions reduce the total cost of ownership per system by eliminating costly redesigns and re-qualifications, and minimizing unnecessary maintenance calls. Advanced memory management FW features power immunity, auto/manual read refresh, ECC, wear leveling

SanDisk claims otherwise.

That's Amazon's description below Industrial or High endurance cards, not Industrial High Endurance cards.

SanDisk does not list a "Industrial High Endurance" card on their website. It's either or but none are listed as both.

Below is Amazon's page where they show the description you read but you won't see any "Industrial High Endurance" card. Only Industrial or High Endurance.

Attachments

• 1597262055642.png
    1597262055642.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 0

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's Amazon's description below Industrial or High endurance cards, not Industrial High Endurance cards.

SanDisk does not list a "Industrial High Endurance" card on their website. It's either or but none are listed as both.

Below is Amazon's page where they show the description you read but you won't see any "Industrial High Endurance" card. Only Industrial or High Endurance.

View attachment 89744
Wrong. It's from the 32GB industrial card listing I linked previously. It makes no sense to assume an industrial-grade card would be based on the cheaper, standard flash, rather than the high-endurance type flash. You're wrong all around here.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well, I bought 2 of them, and I guess we will see! :p

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Wrong. It's from the 32GB industrial card listing I linked previously. It makes no sense to assume an industrial-grade card would be based on the cheaper, standard flash, rather than the high-endurance type flash. You're wrong all around here.

The only link from you in this thread showing the card is on Amazon. I'm not assuming anything, I didn't say it was based on a cheaper, standard flash, rather than the high-endurance type flash.

I'm taking me wife out to dinner. I don't have time for nonsense. Have a good evening.

Ubbe

Isn't a "real" industrial grade endurance card called SLC and those costs $100 for a 4GB size? They are used in industrial applications where they must not fail or production will stop with huge economical losses.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I didn't say it was based on a cheaper, standard flash, rather than the high-endurance type flash.
Yes you did, right here:

That's Amazon's descript0ion below Industrial or High endurance cards, not Industrial High Endurance cards.

There are only 2 basic types of flash memory; the high endurance type withstands about 10x as writes as standard flash before failing. So if you say a card doesn't have the high endurance type of flash, you're saying it's got the cheap type that doesn't last as long, because that's the only other option.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I've had a SanDisk High endurance card in my SDS200 since it was about a week old, I think it's a 16gig. I think I have another to try out in my second SDS200 which arrives today. I'm going to start tweaking the scanlists and sites and compare the original and new configs side by side in real time. I miss tons of stuff the way I have it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.