BEST indoor antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

You got the right one on the diamond just didnt know what connection you had. It does very well for the freq range. I use it for my nitestand scanners and it pulls in almost as good as the ones I have up on top of the house..............Hoser

hoser147

Blkops said:
is it this? RH77CA

RH77CA.JPG

The one in the picture is the one I was telling you about, I have the Scantenna like Dubbin said its a great antenna for the price, I have 2 dicones and would give them both up for that one............Hoser

Blkops

you are sure that, that antenna would pull in more freqs from further away? I'm a good 1500 feet above the city on a ridge, and woud like to make sure I get the most bang for my location. it just seems hard to believe that an indoor antenna can pull in further freqs than a good outdoor discone. I know you guys know your stuff, but I just dont get it.

Last edited:

N1BHH

I have stated before and here again, I shall. Outside antennas, as high as practicable are the better antennas for receiving line-of-sight transmissions. If you must have one inside, you will have degradation in signals. You don't need to build a ninety foot tower, although that would be nice to have, a five foot mast on a vent pipe mount will help tremendously over anything indoors. The other disadvantage with indoor antennas is, when it rains, there is further degradation. You can get by with a radio mounted antenna, but believe me, put antennas outside for best results.

hoser147

Blkops said:
mainy 100's & 400's Mhz I'm looking for a WB antenna that gives me the best all around coverage. I live about 3500 feet above sea level and about 2000 ft above the city, with no obstructions of any kind facing south towards mexico. I saw a base discone antenna that was for indoors, however I wasnt sure how good it was. It was about 3 feet in height. I'm looking for something easy not because I'm lazy, I was injured in Iraq and installing an antenna up high is just impossible for me to do. I was thinking about sticking an outdoor discone antenna on about a 6 pole outside to at least give me a beter chance to pull in more traffic.

I have a BCD396T

Guys while intentions are good you need to read the mans post before telling him he needs to go outside and up there are also issues with exterior antennas with the mans housing assoc. so his options are limited. If you can get the antenna outside it will do better than inside where you have other RF factors to deal with.........Hoser

Blkops

I basically use a varriety of freqs, between 100-900. I can easily have a 3 foot discone on about a 3 ft tripod outdoor. However I cannot have that mamoth 8 ft antenna protruding at least 10 feet in height. I think because I live on a ridge that is elevated at least 1500 feet above the city I really dont need a very high tower. There are no natural or unnatural barriers that would block it. essentialy I have 1/4 mile tower.

I currently have a watson 881 and it reaches about 20 miles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.