• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Best Keyboard ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK

The symbols on that keyboard indicate it is designed for Macs, not PCs. Although it would have a USB connector, would you really want to use a Mac keyboard with a PC?

I have nothing against Macs, by the way. My principal computer at home is an iMac.

mancow

Database Admin
I think the whole point it that it doesn't matter. The thing can be adapted to anything.

flyingwolf

Exactly, thats the whole idea behind the keyboard, it can be used for anything.

Mac, PC, Linux, Quake or anything you desire, I really like the ability to be able to quickly switch from a text keyboard to a layout for my graphics design, that would be nice.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
I'll take my wireless Logitech any day! (Customized with a wireless switch for the PC.)

Speaking of incompatible keyboards. :roll: I use my old I-MAC USB keyboard with my Notebook.

Keyboards are keyboards. Unless there is software involved here. Which means, keyboard dependent on OS.

I can see it now. " Help, my keyboard has a virus!"

Last edited:

flyingwolf

I can see it now. " Help, my keyboard has a virus!"
Oh god no, I already get to many "help me my sams wont connect to my streamers".

(To make that funny, the product name is SAM, short for Streaming Audio Manager, and the "streamers" are our webhosting servers)

mikegilbert

We've got similar devices at work. They're used for clip playback and animations. The displays are monochrome, but the backlights are RGB led's.

The only problem we've had is the displays breaking from heavy-handed button pushers.

Damn- I should'a thought of that keyboard.

Oh and I'm glad to see they're mac fans. True photoshop users do it on an apple ;-)

Raccon

I read about that keyboard years back, never made it into the market. The price was rumored around USD150 at the time.

Al42

My wife would love that for WOW. I like the "Upper case" Russian keyboard with the lower case letters. Someone needs a lesson in basic Cyrillic alphabet.

Status
Not open for further replies.