Best magnet mount antenna

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'd strongly recommend going with an NMO magnet mount, if drilling a hole is out of the question. NMO gives you the most options for antennas down the road.

Avoid the cheap Chinese stuff. Stick with name brand.

I'm running both these antennas in different applications. Larsen and EMWave are both reputable companies that make good products and will stand behind them.

For the magnet mount base:

Avoid the Tram/Browning/Ham/Hobby grade stuff. Tram/Browning uses poorly installed coaxial connectors. You won't save any money if you have to replace cheap components.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have been using a COMPACtenna for about 4 years for my dual band mobile with very good results. Very low profile and coverage about the same as a 17 inch conventional dual band mobile verticle. Also attracts questions from strangers. My favorite answer is that it is a small vent for vapor from the mini reactor I am testing for the car manufacturer.

ems55

Premium Subscriber
I'd strongly recommend going with an NMO magnet mount, if drilling a hole is out of the question. NMO gives you the most options for antennas down the road.

Avoid the cheap Chinese stuff. Stick with name brand.

I'm running both these antennas in different applications. Larsen and EMWave are both reputable companies that make good products and will stand behind them.

For the magnet mount base:

Avoid the Tram/Browning/Ham/Hobby grade stuff. Tram/Browning uses poorly installed coaxial connectors. You won't save any money if you have to replace cheap components.
Yep, great antenna !! Have been using one ever since mmckenna mentioned it some time ago !! In fact, going to get a second one for my xyl's rude !! Tnx mmckenna, again !!!!!!