Best of CL for railfans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The message for the most part hit it right on. It's too bad morons outnumber the "smart" people.

I have had my share of close calls, incidents, hobos, and yes, it will make for a really ****ty day, if I hit a car, run-through a switch that some vandal managed to compromise, etc...

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Gee, I hope FLRAILMAN doesn't read this!"
Don't look now but I'm about to send him an e-mail so we can get or lulz. From what he's told me it's about to get interesting. (;->)

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Real good article. I like the part where if you "see the photographer with notebook, we probably know him" is right. I've had the "douchbag police" (no harm to others intended) come by and just chat with me and give me their card or number to call in any problems are seen.

As long as you don't make an a$$ out of yourself and just be normal, everything will be just fine.

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Best of CL for railfans

Hello guys, glad to be back. I've been in contact with a number of my true RR friends & thanks for keeping me abreast of events, now down to cases, I know that some of you may be disappointed that I didn't come back as the lion seeking revenge, however my wife dragged me to see "Invictus" starring Matt Damon, it was her way of cleansing my racist soul, anyway, it was cathartic to me, racial tolerence & all that. Good picture & Matt is sure to be nominated for something as he was the star & sole shining light of that movie. Also some wise-ass RR member sent me that goofy pathetic excuse for a grade B movie "Black Like Me" writtin by John Howard Griffin, obviously during one of his writers block periods. When that non-actor James Whitmore stars in a movie, you just know it's gonna be funny, & funny it was, I thought "Reefer Madness" was funny, Not even close to this real-life cartoon. water under the bridge people, it's 2010, let's just move on.

Black Like Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Invictus (2009)

FLRAILMAN

PS: I good boy now, with autohurt

kb2vxa

Banned
As an aside, Black Like Me was a fine movie for its time but times have changed, understanding and attitudes with them.
Darn FL went and left the switch open, now I have to trot all the way to the hind end and back to get back out on the main. If I find the derail behind me Harry you're in trouble!

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Best of CL for railfans & douchebag railroad cops

I forgot the douchebag railroad cop thing, Okay, here's the deal, some of you may have read my RR cop experiences (The ones that haven't been deleted) & you know how I felt about the job, I wanted to be an engineer more then anything in the world, however the reality of it was, back in the day, it was a closed shop, father to son, uncle to nephew, so that ended my dream, NYPD came along & I just couldn't see myself filling out a useless dream sheet & getting assigned to the 50 when I lived in the 73, me travel, hell no, my older brother ate it up, aced the civil service test & being the martin Milner wannabee that he always was, got on NYPD with bells on. NCPD came along, however one needed a two year degree back then, so that was out, I jerked around for a couple of years taking train rides until my Postal Inspector dad told me to get a real job or it was the street for me. Well, long story short, I took one of my Path train rides to Newark & when I hit the street, dead in front of 1100 Raymond Blvd. was a green police car with the mating worms on the door, I asked a Newark cop who that was & he replied that it was a Penn-Central Railroad police car. The rest is history, all during my cop career from armed guard, special agent, peace officer to police officer, all I cared about was playing with my trains & getting paid for that, I was in railroad cop heaven. I've heard the stories of various uniforms & suits (Especially the infamous SIU) busting the balls of the guys in the operating department for whatever reasons, but that was not me, To hear a railroad guy call a railroad cop anything stronger then a toy cop or a jerk meant that he had a personal encounter with one of them & it probably didn't turn out too well for him & I sympathize with that as the good Lord knows, I've worked with some real mentally challenged cops that even scared me. So if that remark was a broad brush stroke or a direct hit, so be it. Later.

FLRAILMAN

PS: Warren, don't worry about the derail, some dirtbag stole the whole damn thing, handle & all.

hvscan

Some of my best friends in the job were rail road police officers. Very professional and knew their stuff. Taught me how to get across multiple tracks when chasing the bad guy or girl without getting hurt. Taught me how to slow a train down when the radio request didn't work. Taught me how to jump a turn style and the third rail. When copper was high and cable was being stolen from the tracks, we worked side by side chasing it down to the point of arrest and conviction. FL - Hang in there...it's a new year, like you said!

kb2vxa

Banned
"PS: Warren, don't worry about the derail, some dirtbag stole the whole damn thing, handle & all."

In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath,
Runs the all-time loser,
Headlong to his death.
He feels the piston scraping --
Steam breaking on his brow --
Old Charlie stole the handle and
The train won't stop going --
No way to slow down.

Last edited:

N0IU

Here is a picture of yours truly sitting in "the shack":
New-2.jpg

Here is a picture of the late Jerome John Garcia:
jerry3.jpg

Some say there is striking resemblance, but frankly I don't see it!

But anyway, that being said, I post for your viewing pleasure one of my favorite train songs co-written by Jerry -

Driving that train, high on cocaine,
Casey Jones YOU BETTER, watch your speed.
Trouble ahead, trouble behind,
And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

This old engine makes it on time,
Leaves Central Station 'bout a quarter to nine,
Hits River Junction at seventeen TWO,
At a quarter to ten you know it's DRIVIN' again.

(Chorus)
Driving that train, high on cocaine,
Casey Jones YOU BETTER, watch your speed.
Trouble ahead, trouble behind,
And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

Trouble ahead, Lady in red,
Take my advice you'd be better off dead.
Switchman's sleeping, train hundred and two is
On the wrong track and headed for you.

(Chorus)

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
Got two good eyes but WE still don't see.
Come round the bend, you know it's the end,
The fireman screams and the engine just gleams...

(Chorus) x 4

Status
Not open for further replies.