Best online retailer to purchase PSR-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewAddict

Well I missed my chance to buy the PSR-500 at Dayton so I figured I'd ask around here for some opinions of the best place to buy the PSR-500 online. Who might have the lowest shipping etc..

Anyone purchase online and whom do you recommend? Seems they all run about $499.

Thanks.

raisindot

DewAddict said:
Well I missed my chance to buy the PSR-500 at Dayton so I figured I'd ask around here for some opinions of the best place to buy the PSR-500 online. Who might have the lowest shipping etc..

Anyone purchase online and whom do you recommend? Seems they all run about $499.

Thanks.

I could have bought from Scannermaster, which is located less than a quarter of a mile from my house. But then I would have had to pay $25 in MA state tax on top of the $499 price. So, instead, I bought one through a Buy It Now over Ebay through Lentini Communications. Total cost $499, including shipping. It arrived two days after I bought it, in perfect, in box condition, and I was able to use Paypal, which I prefer over any other payment system.

Suzie

N9YB

Premium Subscriber
btritch said:
I can TELL you DO NOT buy it DIRECTLY from GRE AMERICA! :eek: I priced them and everyone else was running $499, They were running about $549 :confused: ..I got mine from http://www.scannermaster.com and it only cost me $513 including S&H That's Tax and all..:eek:

With a MAP (min advertised price) program they are obligated to protect their distributors pricing and can only sell at suggested retail.

beischel

DewAddict said:

Thanks.

I would call AES (Amateur Electronic Supply) and see if you can still get the Dayton price. That was $429. Even if they won't, they still offer free shipping. That will save you some bucks over Scanner Master and others who charge shipping.

You could even call a few of the other ham radio retailers to see if you can still get the Dayton price. Worth a shot.

Got my PSR-500 at Dayton. Wow, is this thing great. Also got the Starrsoft software since Don was at the GRE booth and took the time to show me how the software worked. Happy with all.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i got mine from hamradiooutlet.com, very fast and free shipping

Lakotawolf

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I paid 499.00 but it shippped for free and it will be here in a day.

a1rusty

Got mine from Lentini through ebay.. ordered just after lunch & Lentini shipped same day. $499, no tax, free shipping, and it arrived 4 days later. Totally satisfying experience. I also d/l'd WIN-500 from Starrsoft & absolutely love it. (And yes, I paid for it! Well worth the price).

Status
Not open for further replies.