Best OutDoor Antenna Setup on Pro 668

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecducec

Feed Provider
I got a Pro 668 i have a feed up and running Carroll County Sheriff,Carrollton Police and Fire
What i need to know is will 2.4 ghz wifi antenna pickup the P-25 system i think it is running on 800mhz.
I did install a Yagi antenna and pointed it to the tower closest to me which is about 3-5 miles
I think its working pretty good but would like to integrate an omni directional with a splitter to pick up the broadcast from the patrol units.
Also need a little help editing the channels with the software.
Any advice would be great
If someone with a little more knowledge than me can call i would love to pick your brain for a few.
send me a PM and ill send you my number so we can talk.

Thanks.

Jason

lmrtek

WiFi antennas won't work

but UHF TV antennas WILL

and they are ALOT cheaper than those that are designed for transmitting on

saw 9db gain stacked bowtie antenna at MCM electronics for 11 bucks recently

covers 460-900

DJ11DLN

For an omni, if you're only interested in 800 MHz, consider a quarter-wave NMO mobile antenna on a base radial kit. If you have interest in VHF-Hi and UHF as well, consider going that route with one of the popular tri-band NMO antennas, such as the Laird NMO-150/450/800. Your wi-fi antenna isn't going to perform very well at 800 MHz.

These options are probably a bit costlier than what you're contemplating, but in this case, you'll most likely get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.