Best place to buy HT batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marchboom

Just starting to get back into ham radio after many years. The battery on my Kenwood TH-78A HT just doesn't hold a charge any longer. What is the best place to get aftermarket batteries? I've used Sterling Tek for my Camera batteries but now I can't find their website.

Thanks

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Depending on the age of the HT, you may not have any choice. If you have a store that rebuilds batteries, you might give them a try. I have a collection of about 50 olders radios back to 1990, and a local store has been able to rebuild some of them. Be careful on prices. Some places are double for the exact same battery.

Marchboom

Depending on the age of the HT, you may not have any choice. If you have a store that rebuilds batteries, you might give them a try. I have a collection of about 50 olders radios back to 1990, and a local store has been able to rebuild some of them. Be careful on prices. Some places are double for the exact same battery.

The radio was bought new around 1994-95.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Golay

iMonitor posted what I was going to suggest. Even with the really old radios, you can usually find a AA or AAA holder for it somewhere on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.