Best prog software for BCD325P2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikVanR

Just got a 325 and I'm trying out the Butel ARC-XT. I don't know how it compares to the other software available out there. Before I plunk down the cash, I'd like some input on software selection. My programming is a mix of small to large Motorola analog and digital trunked systems, some future 700 MHz Moto trunked systems, and a whole lot of VHF/UHF conventional. I'm not interested in remote control or recording/logging.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just got a 325 and I'm trying out the Butel ARC-XT. I don't know how it compares to the other software available out there. Before I plunk down the cash, I'd like some input on software selection. My programming is a mix of small to large Motorola analog and digital trunked systems, some future 700 MHz Moto trunked systems, and a whole lot of VHF/UHF conventional. I'm not interested in remote control or recording/logging.
FreeSCAN, as the name implies, is free. It will program your scanner very easily. However, this software has not been updated to accommodate DMR systems, should you purchase that upgrade. ARC-XT will work for DMR. If you don't need logging and recording (that is available via FreeSCAN), then you don't need the "Pro" version of the ARC-XT software. The Basic version will handle programming.

I'd also suggest that you download ProScan & use it's free trial (30 days) before you have to either purchase, or cease using it. It covers models of scanners that the ARC product does not. I use ProScan for a number of my scanners, including the 325P2.

ErikVanR

I was considering the basic version of ARC-XT. The ability to monitor MotoTRBO, among other DMR systems, does interest me. So, it doesn't seem like there's a big difference between ARC-XT and ProScan. Sort of like Chevy vs Ford?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I'd definitely give ProScan a free try before making a final decision. I use it for a variety of things.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'd definitely give ProScan a free try before making a final decision. I use it for a variety of things.
+1

ProScan handles a large number of scanners in addition to the ones that ATC-XT will work for.

ARC Basic version is $39.95 and covers the 346XT, BCD15X, 396XT, 996Xt, 325P2, and 996P2.

ProScan is 50.00, and also covers 396T, 996T, as well as older scanners such as the BC780XLT, BC250D, and more. Coverage for the x36HP scanners has also been added. While you indicated that logging and recording is not a current interest, that is included with ProScan.

For both ProScan and ARC-XT, updates ate free after you purchase a license for the software. Both programs can handle entry of DMR systems, which cannot be done with FreeSCAN (though FreeSCAN handles everything else).

NYRHKY94

I'm in agreement with the other guys regarding evaluating Proscan as part of your decision making process. The 30-day trial is full featured with no restrictions/limitations. Nothing to lose in giving it a test run. I use it for my BCD325P2 and love it. For what it's worth, the support from the developer Bob Aune is first rate as well. Good luck with your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.