Best Rechargable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

What are peoples opinions on the best batteries , I just got some Duracell rechargeable Nimh and they only seem to last about 5 hours . Was hoping to get 8 or 10 hours out of a set of batteries , anyone have any suggestions ?

mainetrunk

BEST rechargeables, are-----

I did a Duracell/Energizer test. Energizer rechargeable's are the ONLY rechargeable batteries I will use now. My Pro 106's last a good 10 scan/signal stalk hours... Rabbit in a scanner, keep's going,,,,,,
Sometime$ you gotta pay for the be$t..., and it pay$ off..

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I also use Duracell. However, it depends on which model scanner you have, how you use it, how much activity you monitor, how well they're charged, etc.
I use a 4-pack AA Duracell wall charger, which takes about 6 hrs to fully charge 4 batteries. If I just need to recharge the batteries (but they're not all the way dead) then I just leave the scanner plugged into a 9V cord overnight. I own a RS pro-106 and pro-164. With the 106, I can set a limited charge time(the scanner stops charging when the timer is up) so the batteries don't over-charge.

With a GRE PSR-100 I use at work (on full volume most of the time) I can use the scanner for up to 4 days without having to recharge the batteries! (8 hour shift days) And the radio traffic I monitor is pretty close to 20-80. 20% of the time receiving, 80% of the time on standby (scanning).

You could always use Energizer, I hear those work well. There you go...

wtp

in time

the capacity will go up but not too much. so try listening at the lowest level you can and lights off.
any radio that says "battery save" only does that while holding on one conventional frequency
the other thing to mention that a smart charger can test cells and tell you what the real capacity is. and then to try and match them up. of course that means a lot of money and extra batteries, always a good thing. some good chargers start at 45 and go up to 70. the dumb ones and even a 500 dollar radio just charge then for 14 hours like they were dead and if they charge for 13 and a half hours and the power flicks they get to charge for another 14 hours, that is not too good for them. just google "melted my radio while charging" and see what you get. some , ok a lot , here scream about not charging in the radio. i live in florida i mean lightning capital of the world and only charge in an external charger and never plug in my radio.
ok back to you.

N8WGM

Powerex is what I use

I use the PowerEx MH-4AA270-BH 2700 MAH rechargeable batteries. They will last about 12 hours with the light on. They are Japanese batteries and I got mine from E-bay and Batteries Plus. I won 2 sets and they are by far the best batteries I have used for the 106. I also use them in my penlight flashlight and they last longer than I ever thought possible.

gambill1

I have been using TENERGY PREMIUM 2500 mah. I get a very long use out of these. I tossed all my others out. I have 68 of these and 4 10 bay charging stations.

jasonhouk

Eneloop now owned by Panasonic. Have 4 set's of 4 and 8 of them are over 1 year and 5 months old now and still hold 100% of their minimum 1900 mAh rating.

Xray

I use eneloops too, for sure a cut above the rest.
Going to try some powerex, sounds interesting.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Eneloop now owned by Panasonic.

I ordered a 4 pack of AA Sanyo 2450mah and a 8 pack AA Sanyo I got the package 8 pack AA panasonic eneloop pro 2550mah. I haven't open to use it yet. I called cause that was what I didn't order. they told me Panasonic owns them now I was like odd. I also have the Energizer 2300mah they are losing mah some are not charging at all. I've been using the powerex mh-c9000 charger.

KW4HKY

I use eneloops too, for sure a cut above the rest.
Going to try some powerex, sounds interesting.
Eneloop runs circles around pw. I have tried everything made and nothing is close. The 2000 Eneloop is supposed to have 2000 charge life. Ask me in several years.

SCPD

QRT
Powerex 2700maH all the way! Been using them for years, trouble free!
Make sure you use the right charger though. Hopefully one which has a battery conditioning feature.
This is my personal choice:
http://www.opticaloceansales.com/ma...charger.html?gclid=CO_k-bzxmsACFc1_MgodwGgAHA

Manny
I don't get why uniden can't make use of 4 batteries.
Here is the charger I got from amazon. You can charge 1-4 (odd or even number of) batteries I usually charge 3 since unidens are 3 batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerEx-MH-C9...d=1408300667&sr=8-1&keywords=powerex+mh-c9000

savage308

i was always told overheating a battery was bad, so if a powerex charger charges in 2 hours isnt that to fast and overheat the cell compared to a slower charge like the 5 hours my energizer charger takes

Status
Not open for further replies.