Best recommendations on hotspot kits for both system fusion and DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2QLT

Good evening. I have just gotten a Yaesu FT-70D and Radioddity GD-77 to play around and experiment with. So I am looking for recommendations in regards to what will work with DMR and YSF based radios, that are either a kit, pre-owned, or completely brand new, and are reasonably priced.

Thanks for any and all input.

73's
Dave
KD2QLT

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Don't know exactly what you have in mind when you say reasonably priced, but this is what i use.

OpenSpot3

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I've purchased / set up more than five of these and they all work fine. As with all others in this price range they are based upon the Pi-Star MMDVM software from pistar.uk and ALL of this type of unit will support not only the DMR and YSF, but also DSTAR and P25 digital voice modes. However, they are built upon the Raspberry Pi Zero platform and require a little more effort to set up than the SharkRF openSPOT units (and that is why the price difference) -
Amazon.com: MMDVM Hotspot Spot Radio Station WiFi Digital Voice Modem DMR P25 Hotspot Support YSF OLED Raspberry Pi Antenna : Electronics

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I might add that the Openspot3 is UHF only in case it is important for you. It does also support D-STAR and P25. The software can update itself if you want to or you can update it manually if you prefer. It's true that they are on the expensive side when compared to other solutions but they work very well, they are easy to install and it has a nice web interface for configuring and monitoring. It also does cross mode repeat. I find the user manual to be well laid out and comprehensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.