Best Regional Wireless Cooperative Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Scottsdale agencies on the Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC), I seem to receive only north Scottsdale calls on the Thompson Peak site. Can anyone suggest the best sites to use that will cover all of Scottsdale? BCD396XT, ARC-XT PRO, data download from radioreference.com, discone on roof in mid-Scottsdale. Or perhaps I have missed something when setting up the system.... Thanks.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
Scan Simulcast F (Tempe) for Scottsdale south traffic and Thompson PK for Scottsdale north. You may be able to get some of it on Simulcast H.

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Will try Tempe.

Thanks. Will try adding Tempe site. Nothing at all received on Simulcast H, which I'm told is sometimes typical of simulcast sites, or at least requires some tweaking of settings.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I have both Thompson Peak and South Scottsdale towers and pick up north and south Scottsdale on my 436 with the 800mgh antenna. Off the top of my head, I can't tell you what simulcast comes up. I want to say it's H.

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Control Channel only?

Are you using control channel only setting for each of these sites? That seems to be how radioreference.com and ARC-XT defaults for Scottsdale. Or do you have all frequencies programmed?

Kars10az

I get North Scottsdale off Thompson Peak and South Scottsdale off H and F, and more off F. I live in Tempe with a rooftop antenna.

jpolich7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Nothing on Simulcast H

Any special settings you use for Simulcast H? I hear nothing on H. Also, only get 3402 North Dispatch on Thompson Peak. No 3401 South Dispatch, etc. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.