Best roof [base[ antenna for Uniden BCD996XT Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSig

I am shopping a base antenna for the BCD 996XT to mount to the roof [two story home]

Thinking of something in the $150-$200 range.

Looking at a Laird Y8066 Yagi Base antenna - but a little novice to know if this is a good match for the Uniden.

Also what accessories are needed [filters?, signal boosters?, etc?]

Thanks for the expertise here - and thanks in advance for any assist / advise on this

JoeSig

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
What do you listen to? What is the most important thing for you to be able to hear that is the farthest away from you and/or has the weakest signals?

JimBobTerp

Hi
I was wondering if this will be a good Roof Antenna RadioShack® Outdoor Scanner/Ham Discone Antenna - RadioShack.com to buy for my Uniden BCD 996XT and now I am a little confused on what other stuff will I need to buy like a good length of coaxing wire and what every else I would need to hook it all up to my scanner. Can u search the radio shack site and post the links to the other things so I can print it all out and show my dad and mom. thanks so much if someone can get back to me soon.

Also since I live in Easton,PA what other Counties from PA and NJ do u think I can hear with this Antenna?

I am montioring Trunking systems and non trunking systems.

JoeSig

Best Roof Antenna

Good questions.

I will be listening to police / fire / EMS. In Oakland County, Michigan. Local LE is on a motorola trunking system. The other adjoining communities - I'm not absolutley certain, rumor has it that Auburn Hills is digital, as are some of the others.

Also want to montor city of Detroit police, fire, EMS. - thay are digital as far I know.

This is what I typically want to listen but would like to get Tri-county metro Detroit area - Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne. Also Coast Guard on Lake At. Clair and Detroit river.

Hope this helps - I need a serious scanner mentor in my area...

JoeSig

ke4wkp

A discone is the best choice for general coverage. I would recommend the Diamond discone over Radio Shack as it is built tougher and will last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.