Best Scanner Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a scanner for my Rescue Squad that we will be using over our speakers deployed throughout the building. Our county currently operates on a Motorola Type II SmartZone 500 mhz system. What would be the best scanner to buy and use for this function. Thanks in advance.

Highpockets

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a scanner for my Rescue Squad that we will be using over our speakers deployed throughout the building. Our county currently operates on a Motorola Type II SmartZone 500 mhz system. What would be the best scanner to buy and use for this function. Thanks in advance.

Burlington County System has digital talk groups, so you'll need a digital scanner, do some research on the following scanners:

Pro197 (Radio Shack)
PSR600 (GRE)
BCD996XT (Uniden)

W9NES

Best Scanner to use for this application would be the Uniden 396T, Uniden 396XT for Handheld use and the Uniden 996T and the Uniden 996XT.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Both previous posters gave good suggestions(I would have said the same), but is it possible to get an actual agency issued radio for your use? Scanners can have issues causing you to miss calls, which wouldn't be good in your application.

Just a thought.

Both previous posters gave good suggestions(I would have said the same), but is it possible to get an actual agency issued radio for your use? Scanners can have issues causing you to miss calls, which wouldn't be good in your application.

Just a thought.

Thanks for all the help! We will also be connecting our base station into the system but it is not able to scan all the channels we want to monitor so this will be monitor the NJFFS as well as all other Channels that are not our primary response channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.