Best scanner for Hamilton County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4taw

I am looking to purchase a new scanner to listen to all the PD, FD, and EMS frequencies. I was told that y'all were very helpful over here.

My question is, do I need a digital or analog scanner? From what I have heard most agencies are still analog with the exception of a few. However I am concerned that that they would all switch over right after I purchased a analog scanner. Would it be better to just go ahead and buy a digital? I am looking for something not too fancy, easy to use, easy to program, and most of all affordable.

Thanks ahead

beeeno

I think this was asked a few months back, if I can remember correctly, Hamilton County will keep an analog simulcast for some time. I monitor Catoosa County, which ment Digital. Analog scanners I can't help much on, I have a Pro-106 (That I love) and still use an old Pro-96. Both of these work well with the system.

I found the thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/te...m/142635-chattanooga-regional-p25-system.html

Post number 53. ButchGone answered this question very well.

Last edited:

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I agree the Pro 106 or GRE equivalent would serve you well.

k4taw

Thanks for the link to the thread, I thought i searched for it well. I will be looking into a Pro-106 really soon.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.