Best scanner for simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

stfloran81

I live in Wheeling and due to problems with my scanner I am looking to get a new scanner. I want to get one that will work well with the simulcast in Ohio county and also the systems in belmont County, jefferson County, brooke , and Marshall counties. Any recommendations?

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
TRX-1 is not the best scanner for simulcast but gets the job done for me here in Los Angeles.
along with SDR + OP25 is all I need for Simulcast that I actually sold my SDS100 as its not needed anymore.

Bethanylt241

I have an SDS 200 operating on Ohio County Simulcast, which will get you Marshall, Ohio and Brooke radio transmission. I believe it is worth every penny when it comes to scanning simulcast systems. I also scan Jefferson and Belmont County Ohio with no issues. The SDS200 replaced a BCD996P2 I was using and you can’t hold a candle next to the two. A lot of distortion and missing traffic with the 996p2

atlong

Database Admin
I'm in Jefferson County, WV and just got a Uniden SDS-100. It's the best scanner I've ever owned. Yes, It's expensive and top of the line, but compared to my other scanners: Pro-2006, Uniden BCD536HP, 436, Whistler WS1098, RS Pro-196, a handful of Pro-197's, it beats them all in selectivity and sensitivity. I run my other scanners to my base antennas in my attic and the SDS is picking up what they can with only the stock antenna in my shack. If you have the money to purchase it, get it. You won't be disappointed. I fully agree with the above post. It catches what the other radios miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.