Best scanner for this area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnrick

I live in Hennepin County and used to be heavily into scanning, had 6 scanners at one time. I sort of dropped out of it for about the last 12 years or so and everything has changed in that time.

I would like advice on what the top 3 scanners would be for listening to police/fire comms in the Hennepin County area.

I have read a lot of reviews that the GRE made Radio Shack scanners are not reliable, does anyone have personal experience with this?

N0FPY

Best Scanner for MN

Welcome back to the hobby. A lot has changed in the last few years.

Do you want to use this scanner for base, mobile or portable use? I use the Uniden BCD-396T. I have also helped someone program the BCD-996T and the Pro-96. The GRE scanners have some nice features but personally I would recomend the Uniden. I like the size of the 396 since I carry it and mount it in my car when mobile. You can also get a remote head for the Uniden to use it as a mobile radio. When we have our next meeting you could get a look at quit a few radios at one time. I hope to make plans for a meeting in March (depending my work schedule).

Dadwith2boys

Meeting in March

Welcome back to the hobby. A lot has changed in the last few years.

Do you want to use this scanner for base, mobile or portable use? I use the Uniden BCD-396T. I have also helped someone program the BCD-996T and the Pro-96. The GRE scanners have some nice features but personally I would recomend the Uniden. I like the size of the 396 since I carry it and mount it in my car when mobile. You can also get a remote head for the Uniden to use it as a mobile radio. When we have our next meeting you could get a look at quit a few radios at one time. I hope to make plans for a meeting in March (depending my work schedule).

Has the meeting taken place or is there on scheduled?
Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.