Best SDS100 settings in DE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montscan

Premium Subscriber
I have found that making 2 setting changes have really made the scanner track much better. In the past I was missing replies as well as the initial parts of many transmissions.

Once I set the Channel delay to 2 seconds and the digital waiting time to 0 for my DE Public Safety trunking system the conversations became much more useable. I also have Filter set to Off.

Anyone else had success improving reception by tweaking the radio settings/config?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I have the global filters OFF as well and seem to have less issues overall using that setting..
I've noticed this especially on MD FIRST the Normal setting was making the Cecil Site unreadable. :geek: But some find them helpful for their situation..

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this information. I visit the Lewes/ Rehoboth Beach are frequently and have not had much success monitoring anything but Sussex County Fire dispatch. Any additional tips or tricks would be appreciated. I am using a 436 and a SDS 100.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You should have no trouble with the 800 MHz Delaware Public Safety system in the Lewes / Reho area since it is basically SmartZone with digital talkgroups. My old 436 and SDS200 have no issues receiving it. The state police (Suscom) are occasionally enc, some smaller PDs are full time enc. Fire operates on 800 for the most part. Their 453 MHz is mostly for dispatch.

baydog

What else are you looking to monitor? The Delaware TRS - SUSCOM is pretty much the only game in town for listening at the Delaware beaches. Even then the DSP are all encrypted ( except for TG 2448 S-CMD) and the Rehoboth PD are generally encrypted. The Delaware Dept of Natural resources and Delaware River and Bay Authority TG's are also fairly active.
Be sure to include the UHF dispatch channels (453.22500 and 453.7000) in your scan lists. Rehoboth Beach Fire/EMS has its own dispatch center (453.2500).
Marine VHF channel 14 - Delaware Bay Pilots is also worth listening to.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
What else are you looking to monitor? The Delaware TRS - SUSCOM is pretty much the only game in town for listening at the Delaware beaches. Even then the DSP are all encrypted ( except for TG 2448 S-CMD) and the Rehoboth PD are generally encrypted. The Delaware Dept of Natural resources and Delaware River and Bay Authority TG's are also fairly active.
Be sure to include the UHF dispatch channels (453.22500 and 453.7000) in your scan lists. Rehoboth Beach Fire/EMS has its own dispatch center (453.2500).
Marine VHF channel 14 - Delaware Bay Pilots is also worth listening to.
How does Rehoboth dispatch differ fro Sussex County? Is there an 800 tg the simulcasts the Rehoboth UHF dispatch channel?

baydog

Way back when RB somehow got consent to run its own dispatch center for PD, FIre and EMS. However SUSCOM does dispatch RB units on mutual aid FD /EMS calls. Clear as mud, right? The RRDB shows the following RB TG's on the TRS system but I've never paid any attention to them to see if they are simulcasts,
7280e9DS-REHFIRRehoboth Beach Disp Fire/EMS/Ops Fire Dispatch
12400307DSTA86 RehobRehoboth Beach FD TAC Fire-Tac
13648355DS-REHO PDRehoboth Beach PD (DISPATCH) Law Dispatch
2065650bDES-REHO_1Rehoboth Beach PD-1 data Law Tac
2068850dDES-REHO_2Rehoboth Beach PD-2 tac Law Tac
30032755DS-Rehobo EMSRehoboth Beach EMS TTEMS-Tac

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yup, perfectly murky. I'll have to make sure these FD tgs are in my programming. Isn't RBPD completely ENC?

Ubbe

I have found that making 2 setting changes have really made the scanner track much better....
Once I set the Channel delay to 2 seconds and the digital waiting time to 0 for my DE Public Safety trunking system the conversations became much more useable...
What settings did you initially use that made your scanner track much worse?

/Ubbe

baydog

Yup, perfectly murky. I'll have to make sure these FD tgs are in my programming. Isn't RBPD completely ENC?

I've always considered the RBDP to be full-time encryption but then ,on occasion, I have heard them in the clear mostly for routine matters.

A RBVFC member told me that FD/EMS also uses text messaging dispatch. Then again, they still have the siren that doesn't sound on all FD/EMS calls.

de784

Feed Provider
I've always considered the RBDP to be full-time encryption but then ,on occasion, I have heard them in the clear mostly for routine matters.

A RBVFC member told me that FD/EMS also uses text messaging dispatch. Then again, they still have the siren that doesn't sound on all FD/EMS calls.
Rehoboth of is clear on Dispatch. The text for fire company is Normal every department does that. Siren use has changed due to alot of complaints from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.